Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Coed y Brenin or Coed Llandegla?? Unsure which to visit
  • Painey
    Free Member

Hi,

I’m trying to organise our annual trip to Wales but fancy a trip to either of the places listed as opposed to our usual destinations of Afan/Cwmcarn. In an ideal world we’d all like to spend a few days at each but just getting a suitable weekend date is enough trouble.

Consequently it looks like we’ve only got time for one or the other so the difficult question is, which one would you recommend for a couple of days? Everyone loves Afan because of the fast, flowy singletrack so that’s what we’re looking for. Both places look great but if anyone has any opinions then I’d love to hear them.

Cheers – Chris

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

CYB

[/thread]

mtbfix

Llandegla is a day of riding at best, nice as it is. So what he said back there…

ross980
    Free Member

CYB. Llandegla is a good stop off on the way there/back if you’re traveling from t’north.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

CyB. 2.5/3 days riding easily.

Llandegla. Few hours riding at best?

johnikgriff
    Free Member

I ride them both and espically Llandegla as its much closer to me. Its a great trail and the latest addition are up there as some of the best bits of man made trail, you could do 2 days there, but after a whole day you will easy cover most of what it has to offer or add in some of the ride the clywds routes.

CYB is ace, unfortunaly it is an extra hour each way for me so dont do it as much as I would like to. If your spending a few days doing trail centers you are probably better heading over that way, but if it was me I’d plan to spend one of the days doing Penmachno and if you have the fitness get a quick Marin in as well.

The Degla cafe is way the better of the 2, if that helps…

You can get a good amount of degla done in a few hours, just add it in to your trip home 🙂

Its all good, enjoy.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

As others have said if it’s more than a day trip then CYB. Theres other rides near llandegla but not way marked in a trail centre stylee. At least at CYB you wouldn’t need too find routes.

rustler
    Free Member

Nant-y-Arian is great.
    Then drive North to CyB, but stop off & do the MachX.

Painey
    Free Member

Thanks for the comments. In an ideal world I guess we’d stay at Coed y Brenin (which seems to have more on offer) and then do a day trip down to ClymachX (loved that last time, mental descent) and then stop off for the day at Llandegla on the way back home to the South East.

Cheers

whytetrash

Lot of guys here link the two and do a lap of both…usually on a singlespeed 😉 lot more to occupy you at CYB TBH!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Coed y Brenin or Coed Llandegla?? Unsure which to visit’ is closed to new replies.