Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Coed-y-Brenin or Cli-machx? (help me decide)?
  • hora
    Free Member

What time you gonna be there on saturday hora?

Early afternoon. I've got to take the dog and hora junior out for a long walk before I leave.

Are you down there on Sat- what time are you planning on starting etc?

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Coed Y Brenin lots more choice of trails and longer, Climax is ok if you like a lot of climbing for little reward apart from the last descent so good I did it twice!

sambob
    Free Member

I will either be there on saturday or at Betws y Coed. Probably starting late morning. If i do see you around i'll make sure i say hi. Sorry i dont have any more info, not me organising it 😀

hora
    Free Member

or at Betws y Coed

Do Penmachno instead- WAAAAAY better!

sambob
    Free Member

We might be doing that anyway, i have no details on where i'm going, i'm just going 😀

nickegg
    Free Member

Loddrik: Falseteeth has had a revamp with some fast, smooth berms and jumps added including the 'Cavity'; a bombhole with a paved transition into it and a jump into a right hander on the other side. No idea what the old version was like but it was good fun.

I turned left at the bottom of Falseteeth, then left again to climb up and join the Dragons Back (pushed up Morticia) for the rest of the way.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Falseteeth sounds better now. Mind you, cracked a frame in two places and mashed a wheel on the old Falseteeth when I caught a root badly. Gonna have to try the new one!

hora
    Free Member

quick question-

Top of the red at Glentress downwards- anything at Coedy similar?

davidmoyesismydad
    Free Member

climax is the biggets waste of a any ride ive ever done so anywhere other than there gets my vote.

nickegg
    Free Member

Really? Wow…i we both enjoyed it loads, that final descent was fantastic.

joe@brookscycles
    Free Member

Climax is, basically, rubbish. No flow, nothing at all of any interest apart from the last descent. I pop back every 6 months or so, saying 'it can't be as bad as i remember'. It always is.

Coedy's still amazing, Dragons Back being the pick. Tarw is a bit boring, I thought?

Good call for Nant-y-Arian. You can bang out the Conti loop in about 2 hours if you press on.

Although, we're leaving this hot bed of trail centre action for Cannock Chase this sunday…

hora
    Free Member

Ok, on the Dragons back-

http://mbwales.com/en/content/cms/centres/coed_y_brenin/dragons_back/dragons_back.aspx

wheres the short cut to avoid the long fireroad climb?

Tiger6791

When I'm in Aberdyfi, Mach is 20 mins and CyB is 40mins

I go to CyB every time 🙂

Or forget centres and go explore just ride up to Bearded Lake and out over toward Rhyd-yr-Onen

nickegg
    Free Member

Which climb hora? The one towards the end or the one before Gomez?

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

I think out the 2 trails I would leave both behind and do Penmachno or Marin – Both in Snowdonia so not that far from CYB
    CYB – Tawn trail is totally boring – climb after climb then rocky / slabby singletrack that only offers pain!

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Short cut after forest cafe…

…there is a R turn onto fireroad after Dolfrwynog. Don't take this. Continue up road (steep) until the next but one fire road on the right that takes you to the top of Gomez.

Better to do all of The Beast and also take this short cut…
    …enjoy.

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

Soz to resurrect a thread, but this is the same dilemma I was faced with a few days ago..
    though I was silly and did both (yesterday) – silly because I'm not at all fit 🙁

Consequently I took almost 2.5 hours to do Cli-machx (I got lost, which resulted in tears of frustration and a lot of extra climbing) and was completely underwhelmed by the descent. (I'm not very good so I had to walk parts of it, which I don't mind, but it was odd seeing as the rest of the singletrack had been so simple)

And because I was knacked from all the climbing, I took the whole 3 hours to do MBR.. I must say the first half of it is awesome fun. but then there's just lots and lots of climbing up fire roads. and again, I felt the final descents just weren't worth it. (for a beginner anyway. I'm guessing if you're a local etc. they'll be much more fun)

I know I'm leaving myself open for ridicule but I accept fault for doing the two in the one day when I have such a low level of fitness to begin with!

And where were all the jumps and big swooping berms?

I had planned to do Llandegla as well as a nice 'warm down' and then decided I was too tired and sore to attempt it today.. So I have an excuse to go back to Wales (lovely place) later at some point 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Don't like the tawr trail much, just a couple of good sections. I like all the other stuff there tho.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Coed-y-Brenin or Cli-machx? (help me decide)?’ is closed to new replies.