Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Coed Y Brenin – Dislocated shoulder – Lads from Rhyl
  • strawb3110
    Free Member

A friend had a tumble on Pink Heifer/Heffer, MBR trail yesterday, resulting in a dislocated shoulder, if any of the lads from the group from Rhyl can give me a shout on here, my mate would like to contact and say a big thanks. The guys really went out of their way to help us out. Great to see on the trail and shows how riders help each other out when in a tricky situation.

tinybits
    Free Member

Fair play – when I did that at Cannock, not one person even stopped, despite my screams!!

Klunk
    Free Member

Fair play – when I did that at Cannock, not one person even stopped, despite my screams!!

same happened to us at Nanty when the wife smashed her collar bone, they would ride past trying not to make eye contact even though you were asking for help. Hope your friend makes a swift recovery OP.

strawb3110
    Free Member

Cheers guys, stopped at Shrewsbury hospital on the way home (as we had a 3.5 hour drive back and that was close-ish on the way), they popped it back in and was sorted in 35mins. It was great that the lads helped us out, and to be fair, the majority of riders that passed us walking slowly back down the trail all offered their assistance, after reading various negative posts on here over time it kinda restored faith in the MTB community.

alishand

same happened to us at Nanty when the wife smashed her collar bone, they would ride past trying not to make eye contact even though you were asking for help. Hope your friend makes a swift recovery OP.

Seriously? For what possible reason would you not stop when you see someone injured at the side of a trail, never mind someone actively asking for help??!!

I find that so hard to understand, it just seems like such an unbelievably narcissistic thing to do, especially as these incidents likely occurred on a casual weekend (and not a race environment).

There really must be some horrible mountain bikers out there. Glad I’ve never bumped into any of them….

poah
    Free Member

they were from Rhyl and didn’t steal anything, what is the world coming too lol

tinybits
    Free Member

likely occurred on a casual weekend

Yep, saturday late morning on my first time in Cannock in probably 15 years. Nothing ‘race like’ in me or my appearance!

strawb3110
    Free Member

Nothing ‘race like’about us on Sunday either, just some mates enjoying riding as most others we saw seemed to be!

cloudnine
    Free Member

Stop and ruin their Strava times.. not likely.

Speshpaul

“stopped at Shrewsbury hospital on the way home”
    Tidy, a few years back the high number of MTB injuries at RSH made the local press…..I wonder why:-)

Big up to the boys from Rhyl

strawb3110
    Free Member

Yes, my mate had to grit his teeth and put up with the pain and my ‘driving Miss Daisy’ style in his car for over an hour as we noodled our way to RSH. They were great when we got there and the turnaround to sort his shoulder out was amazing.

dustytrails

Really can’t get my head around another rider not stopping….just doesn’t compute in my mind. WTF!!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Coed Y Brenin – Dislocated shoulder – Lads from Rhyl’ is closed to new replies.