Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Coed Y Brenin – Accom
  • aidso
    Free Member

Looking for accommodation for a weekend trip at the end of August and looking for a recommendation. I keep seeing a particular barn, but hoping for something close to a bar/cafe that i don’t have to cook for myself…and a bit of craic at night close to the trails.
    Am I asking too much :)?

Thanks

singletrackstinker
    Free Member

There’s a holiday park up the road which has a pub. Accomodation is in log cabins of varying sizes and cost.

It’s called trawsfynydd holiday village.

We cycled to coed y brenin from there, over the hills in the morning and back along the road at the end of the day.

andyrm
    Free Member

How many of you are there? There’s also a bunk house on the same site that sleeps 20ish in rooms of 4. We’ve stayed a few times there. I think you can also hire it out on reduced numbers of about 12 people as well.

aidso
    Free Member

At the minute there’s 3 of us, but could be far more if I get the price right.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Tyn Y Groes. Excellent hospitality, right opposite the trails (get onto them a way around so you get the ‘halfway’ cafe about 40 minutes into the ride and the proper cafe about 2/3rds of the way around), good food, good beer, cheap and a pool table/darts board. Ace.

singletrackstinker
    Free Member

In addition to the above, there’s the Mostyn Caravan (www.coedybrenin.com/mostyn_caravan.html) which and another at the same site.

The website is down at the moment but if you chuck the url into a google search you can load the cached page and that’ll give you contact details.

4 of us in the bigger caravan for 3 nights worked out about £50 per head. Not sure if there’s a local though…

iolo
    Free Member

Home

Dafydd and Sian of old Cafe fame will look after you.

Clover

Old Skool – perfect accommodation and food. Sian and Dafydd are excellent hosts, and mountain bikers and make sure you have a great time. Try not to let Dafydd pull your legs off if he offers to show you the trails.

Old Skool

As mentioned above at Trawsfynydd Holiday Village we have a number of log cabins and a bunkhouse just 2 miles up the road from Coed y Brenin. Our cabins sleep between 4 and 8 and the bunkhouse 10-20 people, so no matter what size your group ends up being we should be able to accommodate you. Check out our website http://www.logcabinswales.co.uk or call us 01766 540219. Hope that helps

freewheeling
    Free Member

Or try http://www.braichgoch.co.uk/ It’s a bunkhouse with a bar in Corris. Chat to Ann or Andy. The Climax trail is on their doorstep and CYB about 20 minutes away through Dolgellau. Fantastic place to stay.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Coed Y Brenin – Accom’ is closed to new replies.