Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Coed-y-Brenin…….
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

Well as I was down that way on holiday I thought I'd take the bike and have a dabble down there as I've never ridden it before.

The wife came along and once she'd set up camp on the veranda by the cafe off I peddled.

I did the MBR route first, was a pleasant surprise, quite rocky with some good flowing section of single track, but the tarmac bit is slightly annoying as is the seemingly huge amount of climbing on fire roads. So after rattling that one off we had a spot of lunch – cafe not on a par with Llandegla to be honest, but nice none-the-less.

A little relax to let the burger settle and then i thought I'd have a quick blast on the Cyflym Coch, nice route more flowing single track but again a lot of fire road climbing.

All in all a good 2 hours of riding and some nice food on a loverly day.

I also noticed the other trails, but didn't have the time to ride them today – my mate recommended that I do the MBR first, how do they compare?

mtbfix

Let the CyB bashing commence…

I like it there and those fire road drags are paid back by not having to pedal on the way back down. Llandegla does do a better burger though, you are right. And no chips? What's that all about?

steve_b77
    Free Member

My thoughts exactly, why no chips :mrgreen:

frankyspanky69
    Free Member

I've done the Dragons Back trail and thats ace, though not done MBR so cant compare really.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Be down to CYB on Sunday to do a bit of trail bashing, but know a few achem!… :wink:interesting technical diversions! 8)

steve_b77
    Free Member

Thought I might as well throw in the one pic i took today 😆

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Coed-y-Brenin…….’ is closed to new replies.