Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Coed llandegla riding this weekend FAIL
  • proflexforever
    Free Member

booked weekend in llandeglla to hit up some jumps..
    long weekend friday to monday
    BOOOOM
    **** snow in April
    WTF

FAIL.COM

its closed at the moment VOTE YES OR NO
    if you think its going to be open or not

gaznewns
    Free Member

I’m sure they’ll open! although they are closed on Mondays anyway.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Trails are open Monday’s but centre is closed. I think they’ll be open! 😉

donsimon
    Free Member

I’m not too far away but it’s raining here and most of the snow has gone.
    Not much of the white stuff in Rhuthin either.

ponti
    Free Member

It’s Bank Holiday Monday,the centre & cafe will be open.

Raindog
    Free Member

I’m five miles away and the snow has just about gone here, but I can see there is still some on higher ground (Llandegla is quite a bit higher than me). That said it is forecast to be warmer tomorrow and I would put money on the centre being open by Friday at the latest.

project
    Free Member

All trails, car park and visitor centre are currently closed due to heavy snowfall over night.

Having finally battled through the snow covered roads to get here this morning, we did so to find a good 6 inches of snow had fallen over night, and is still falling now. We may have been a little over ambitious suggesting we might be able to open this afternoon. It now appears there will be no chance of that happening.

Ironically, having had our first BBQ last Wednesday, in near tropical conditions, just 1 week later, we are now shoveling snow shin deep! We are, as we speak collecting the snow clearing machinery we prematurely had sent back for storage during the Summer.

Although there is no chance of us being open today, and all trails, car park and visitor centre will remain shut for the day, we are hopeful that with a bit of hard work and a forecast for an improvement in conditions, that we will be able to open again tomorrow.

We will of course update this site with any further updates as soon as we have it. Please do not travel here unless you are sure we are open! The main road outside the centre is currently blocked, due to an accident, and the roads around the visitor centre are still covered in snow!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

they are closed on Mondays anyway

Scottish trails are open everyday! 8)

JohnClimber
    Free Member

The trails are open, if you’ve got the right equipment.

This shot was taken this morning (Thursday) at the top of the first climb.

MrOvershoot

JohnClimber – Member

The trails are open, if you’ve got the right equipment.

And not at work 😉

How big is that seat/lunch pack John & why is your saddle dropped?

timc
    Free Member

one planet says all trails are open, snow melted?

project
    Free Member

from oneplanetadventures website.

http://www.oneplanetadventure.com/2012/04/05/all-trails-will-be-open-tomorrow/

All Trails Will Be Open tomorrow

The cycle trails have now been checked, and although there are a couple of trees down, due to the weight of snow on them, we have been given the all clear for them to reopen tomorrow morning.
    We did manage to reopen the Green & Blue later this afternoon, however due to the amount of snow on the ground, it took much longer than expected to get around the rest of the trail to check the condition.
    Despite a massive thaw today, there remains a significant amount of snow on the trails, especially at the top of the blue and red trails, more than a foot in many places.
    Please ensure you have the correct clothing and experience for the conditions, any requirement for a rescue may experience significant delays due to the conditions, so make sure you are fully self sufficient.
    We have managed to clear all 3 car parks, however the forest road, used as over flow on busy days still has snow on it, and may not be able to be used tomorrow. Therefore we ask that you bear this in mind when parking tomorrow and do so taking up the minimum amount of space for you to park safely.
    We look forward to seeing you all over the Easter weekend, and are keeping our fingers crossed for a continued thaw to take place.

andy7t2
    Free Member

anybody been up there today? is there much snow and how ridable is it? We’re meant to beheading up there tom but if there is still snow might look at somewhere else

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Up there this morning, rode it all, but snow turned to ice all over the place. Had fun, but tough in places and plenty of oppurtunity for it to go wrong. Northshore stuff was particluraly “fun”.

Was warming up when we left (around 12),so guess it will get better.

Thought it was worth the effort and people I rode with all said it was a good ride, just different.

adam_h
    Free Member

I was there yesterday evening. Car park was clear. Snow was quite deep at the top, was abit sketchy coming down but had a good ride.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Coed llandegla riding this weekend FAIL’ is closed to new replies.