Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Codeine vs commercial meta v4
  • nobster
    Free Member

Anyone tried comparing either of these models against each other? Both are similar price with GX1 group set and geometry looks similar… Which do I buy?

sandwicheater

You read the warranty thread about Commercial?

nobster
    Free Member

I have now, thanks

sofabear
    Free Member

I’ll be watching this thread with interest as I’m interested in the Codeine too.

I took a drive up to Planet X/On One, very helpful people. The Codeine looks stunning IMO and the photos on the website don’t do it justice.

sandwicheater – Member

You read the warranty thread about Commercial?

I hadn’t noticed that either. I’ll have a hunt for it when I get a sec but I’m guessing not a positive thread?

hora
    Free Member

Evening chaps. I’ve owned a Meta V4 since March. The mentioned-topic. Why has that got any relevance or put you off?

chakaping
    Free Member

The meta has got better geometry, codeine seems a bit short.

Both companies have controversial customer service, so not much to chose between them on that score.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Difference is one you can walk into the actual shop without needing your passport and have a rant.
    The other needs said passport and ideally fluent spanish.

I’m not knocking either though – never personally had an issue with PX and I’m fortunate that if the OH’s Meta has an issue I can ring them.

hora
    Free Member

Evening again. More likely to be French, fast delivery and fast phone comms.

Phone them, the answer immediately and very quick with an answer.

On One on other hand, well. I just wouldn’t.

sq225917
    Free Member

If you ask the right PX people nicely there’s a medium GX1 27.5 Codeine in rhubarb and custard about to hit clearance for £1299. GX1, Reverb, CR32 rear shock, CR forks. Just been built.

sofabear
    Free Member

sq225917 – Member

If you ask the right PX people nicely there’s a medium GX1 27.5 Codeine in rhubarb and custard about to hit clearance for £1299. GX1, Reverb, CR32 rear shock, CR forks. Just been built.

Who would such “right PX people” be? 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

Sorry OP just twigged you probably meant the Codeine 650b. Geometry much better on that.

hammyuk
    Free Member

That there poster Sofabear 😉

sofabear
    Free Member

@hammyuk FFS, what a nugget I am. Thanks mate appreciated. 🙂

beard
    Free Member

Anyone have any thoughts on the codine 29er? Same high spec as the 650b, more reasonable price…

sq225917
    Free Member

Sofabear, you could ask me. I’ll probably be putting it for sale online tomorrow if one of the staff doesn’t bag it first.

simon dot clark@

sofabear
    Free Member

sq225917 – Member

Sofabear, you could ask me. I’ll probably be putting it for sale online tomorrow if one of the staff doesn’t bag it first.

simon dot clark@

Thanks. Email sent. 🙂

ahwiles
    Free Member

beard – Member

Anyone have any thoughts on the codine 29er?…

i think ‘massively rad’* sums it up quite well.

They’re well built, sturdy and playful, i found it very easy to arse about on.

i won’t be breaking any of my strava hill climb records on it, but i’ve got other bikes for that kind of nonsense. That’s not to say it’s a bad climber, it’s just the ‘midlish reach’ sits me up a bit, where i’m more likely to get comfy and take it easy.

(*Ed O’s words i believe, not mine)

Blackflag
    Free Member

Another vote for the 29r Codeine here. Stunning bike and frankly embarrasses the yeti 575 it replaced. Surprisingly lively considering its size and supremely confident when pointed downhill.

And unlike others on here my PX experiences have all been pretty good.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Codeine vs commercial meta v4’ is closed to new replies.