Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Codeine 650b
  • Furious

Have we done this yet?

sq225917
    Free Member

Grabs popcorn…

nickdavies

That’s a gopping paintjob… What happened to rubarb and custard?!?!

cokie

Ah, it’s finally here then!
    Looks nice and good spec.
    *Must resist the N+1 urge*

chrishc777
    Free Member

The top spec colour scheme is pretty awful, the lower spec is nice though, and cheap, and zocchi equipped. Would be on my shortlist if I was after a new bike

Furious

Colour scheme is pretty horrible; Stealth is better than “Sea foam” though

I can’t see a frame only option at the moment…

kimbers

nice ( the colour is questionable ) if only it had the marzocchi dropper too!

superstu
    Free Member

Looks nice! Much worse paint jobs around. I remember most hating the rhubarb and custard paint so this may have made them change their mind (I thought that was ok too but maybe I have no taste)

woodster

I like the mint paint-scheme. Seems like good value on the lower spec model with an all round great spec.

munkyboy
    Free Member

Marzocchi and hypergraphics. What could have been…

chakaping
    Free Member

The geometry looks really good actually. I’m surprised ‘cos it looks a bit short and high in the pics.

And it’s got an external BB and cable routing.

Graphics are a bit lairy for my taste though – even in “stealth” version.

nuke

Good geometry but not keen on the paint job (shame they don’t do the same colours as the 29er Codeine)

2.3″ specified in size & spec…is that max? Bit concerning so be interesting to see clearance

Guessing weight given (3200g/7lb) is without shock

No bottle mount but no where practical to go really 🙁

chakaping
    Free Member

nice ( the colour is questionable ) if only it had the marzocchi dropper too!

This is probably the strangest criticism they’ll get for it.

diplomatt
    Free Member

Bet they got a job lot of Marzocchi forks and shocks on the cheap like they did with the Cane Creek shocks on the 29er.

Interesting to see a symmetrical swingarm. Less unequal stresses = less cracked swingarms?

barffy
    Free Member

I for one think it looks great.

enigmas
    Free Member

I’ve love to see a picture of a large frame, geo looks perfect other than the 20″ seat tube, which could make it a bit of a gate if it has a straight top tube, like the older oranges.

Also be interesting if Marzocchi can find a buyer, if so this bike could be a bargain!

_tom_
    Free Member

Looks really good actually, I like the paint! Hopefully the frame only version is a good price… and I wonder if it’d ride ok with my current 26″ stuff til I decide to make the switch to 27.5…

eatplants
    Free Member

Oh dear , that’s another one on the list , at least I could actually afford this though unlike the rocket .

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The geometry looks really good actually. I’m surprised ‘cos it looks a bit short and high in the pics.

The geometry makes more sense than the 29er, 2 deg slacker SA means the saddle is in about the same place with an inline dropper as it would be with a layback post.

But that should manifest as about 20mm on the top tube (which it does, 16mm). So how has it also gained 28mm on the reach, it should net about zero unless the offset from BB to ST is vastly different (it doesn’t look like it).

The 29er was criticized for being quite short so it make sense to make the new one longer, just the number doesn’t look ‘right’.

iolo
    Free Member

Looks alright that. The pink and yellow option would have been nice.

STATO
    Free Member

The geometry makes more sense than the 29er, 2 deg slacker SA means the saddle is in about the same place with an inline dropper as it would be with a layback post.

But that should manifest as about 20mm on the top tube (which it does, 16mm). So how has it also gained 28mm on the reach, it should net about zero unless the offset from BB to ST is vastly different (it doesn’t look like it).

Id suggest the 74 on the 29er is effective, and 72 on the 27.5 is actual. So probably both the same in reality. Certainly look the same in the pics.

Also the stack is 20/30mm lower on the 27.5 which will add reach (as reach is measured at top of headtube).

M6TTF
    Free Member

1990 called. They want their paint scheme back

spawnofyorkshire

1990 called. They want their paint scheme back

They asked for that ‘joke’ back as well

andybrad

I think it looks good tbh. just not that downtube

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Id suggest the 74 on the 29er is effective, and 72 on the 27.5 is actual. So probably both the same in reality. Certainly look the same in the pics.

Must be something like that, or the pivot point (where the ST and DT are meeting) has moved considerably).

Wonder if there’ll be a Mk2 Codeine 29er with a similar? I’m by no stretch ‘gnarr’, but I do like my bikes longer and didn’t fancy a 20″ frame for that kind of riding.

russyh
    Free Member

Everything looked so good until I saw the colour options. What a shame, still sure they will sell plenty.

eatplants
    Free Member

On the Colour thing , why don’t bike manfs test the market you could just post a few colour options on Facebook , no need to show the bike itself , and invite comments ? ,i like the mint but not with the black , but I prefer a single colour on any bike . Would it Really put you off buying one ?

russyh
    Free Member

It would me, I am not ashamed to say I enjoy owning a bike i like the look of. Sure its the ride thats important. But I like my kit to not look like a 1990’s halfords special. Maybe just me.

eatplants
    Free Member

I guess that’s the thing , it should just be the ride that’s important , but with soooo many good bikes out there who wants to spend 2.5k on somthing you don’t like the look of

Cheezpleez

I like it. Geo makes sense and the colours and graphics are surprisingly tasteful for On-One. Much better than the gopping pink/yellow.

cooie

Thought there’d be a frame only option.

AlexSimon

Good colour – horrible graphics.
    I never got to ride the 29er codeine. Would still like to (and this).

mcnultycop

I’d have one.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’d like to know what size the ones in the pics are.

Just can’t get over thinking that seat tube looks a bit high. Is it just me?

Not really a fan of bent top tubes either, but that’s just me being fussy.

Good colour – horrible graphics.

Yes, you’ve hit the nail on the head there.

Cheezpleez

It would ‘t be an On-One without dodgy graphics, now would it?

goodgrief
    Free Member

Strange sizing, massive stack on the small and big jumps in seatube length to the medium and large. Also, relatively slack seatube angle with poor stand-over.

Cables are external but are threaded through a tiny hole in the linkage mount so has all the disadvantage of internal cables.

3 years of development and it already has issues, not least of which being specc’ed from a bankrupt suspension manufacturer.

[slow clap/]

Cheezpleez

Must admit, the idea of buying Marzocchi at the moment doesn’t grab me.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Nice specs at both price points glad to see that the they have sorted the short reach out.

woody74

I just got the email. Oh my god that is an ugly bike!! I really like the ideas of On One and Planet X but if there was ever a company that needs to put it hand in its pocket and pay for a decent industrial designer. There stuff be it t-shirts or bike frames are just gopping.

chakaping
    Free Member

£900 frame only with that Marz shock – which does look amazing but of course is completely unproven.

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FROOCO27/on-one-codeine-275-frame

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Codeine 650b’ is closed to new replies.