Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Coconut water
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Handing out free bottles of coconut water at work. This one’s flavoured with mango and peach. It’s absolutely vile – struggling to keep the first mouthful down.

Tastes like unripe mangos and seawater.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I got a free bottle with my Ocado order. Tried a mouthful and that’s enough for me….for life.

Was about £2-3ish for a 500ml bottle as well.

fasthaggis

How dare you disrespect one of the new super foods.

Do you know nothing about nutrition? 🙄 😉

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Sorry, but it really was nasty. Put me right off my goji berries and kale smoothie.

jimjam
    Free Member

Vita coco cafe thing is lovely. So there.

cinnamon_girl

Add Rose’s Lime Cordial to plain coconut water and enjoy a really refreshing drink. Must be Rose’s though.

wors

They was handing that stuff out after I race I did on Sunday, I was gagging for a drink so necked it 😯

jimmy

plain stuff’s lovely. I got totally washed away by the marketing spiel first off and was peddling it to a pal for post-gym workouts because of the natural electrolytes etc. His (Dr) missus said “or you could just eat normal food”. Oh yeah.

footflaps

It’s Paleo Dude, must be good for you.

slimjim78
    Free Member

I like the stuff. Makes a change from tap-water. Not so good at room temp though, much nicer ice cold.

perchypanther
    Free Member

much nicer ice cold

Not for me. I liked it before it was cool. #hipster #beardlove

tomd
    Free Member

It’s rank, really unpleasant.

globalti
    Free Member

It tastes disgusting so it must be good for me, same as wheatgrass juice and all the rest.

thenorthwind

Add Rose’s Lime Cordial to plain coconut water and enjoy a really refreshing drink. Must be Rose’s though.

Put de lime in de coconut?

Notter
    Free Member

I found out it’s use, it is a good hangover soother when ice cold, other than that, not sure I’d be a regular drinker!

allan23
    Free Member

I quite like it in small amounts.

It should have a warning that excessive consumption makes farts not a safe option 🙁

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i like the plain stuff, not so keen on the flavoured/sugar added variants though.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Put de lime in de coconut?

You win the internet today NW

IHN

Handing out free bottles of coconut water at work.

Aaaaah, so NOW I know where you’re working in Swindon 🙂

jonba
    Free Member

Is it gluten free?

kudos100
    Free Member

I quite like it in small amounts.

It should have a warning that excessive consumption makes farts not a safe option

This made me laugh out loud. I sharted after drinking a litre of coconut water the other day.

In hindsight it is funny, but at the time………..the horror. Good job I was at home 😆

molgrips
    Free Member

Aaaaah, so NOW I know where you’re working in Swindon

Let me know if you fancy a ride next week 🙂

devash
    Free Member

I’ve been buying cans of coconut water long before the current fad. They have always sold it in Asian supermarkets, without the dubious health claims.

I like coconut in general and I’ve always thought that drinking the juice from a freshly opened coconut compares to drinking the last bit of milk from a bowl of overly sweetened kid’s cereal like Frosties or Ricicles.

The flavoured stuff now available in supermarkets is utterly disgusting though.

Kryton57

I add mine to the various ingredients that go into a post workout recovery drink via a nutribullet. Can’t tell its there, although I seem to one of the rare ones that can drink that and concentrated beetroot juice straight without an issue.

oldnpastit

I had some from a guy by the side of the road in a shack a few miles outside Bangalore. He took a fresh coconut, split it open with a great big machete and handed it to me. It was about 40C, and I’d been cycling around the (astonishing) countryside for several hours. It was completely amazingly delicious.

I then tried some out of a carton back in the UK. It was rank.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Coconut water’ is closed to new replies.