• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cobb compact barbecue
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Should I be interested in one of these?

For a compact thing to cart about in the caravan. Versus a Weber Go Anywhere.

Drac
    zippykona

My brother has one and if he wasn’t already married would be popping it the question!

molgrips
    Free Member

I like indirect cooking of meat, which I do on our full sized Weber, I can also add water… most people talking about Cobbs on the internet seem to be comparing it with direct grilling.

Drac

If you’re on Facebook search for Cobb BBQ UK.

nwill1
    Free Member

I have one for camping, only had it at Xmas but well impressed, better as an oven than grill.

It’s great when camping to be able to cook lasagne and jacket spuds for tea, fry up for breakfast and burgers for lunch. Very versatile.

Not cheap to buy but reckon it’ll last for many years.

Rubber-Duck

Ironically I had one for sale on here last week. As has been said they do a good job but the cooking area is quite small and I sold ours because we are a family of 5 and it’s too small. Also the non stick cooking plate slopes away from the centre towards the edges and without buying the ‘ fence’ thingy it was really fiddly trying to keep food from flying off onto the floor. If you are cooking for two then it would do very nicely, it lights easily every time, it cooks nicely and it uses a minimal amount of briquettes.

If you do buy one I found Zipp fire lighters the best and charcoal briquettes carefully placed in the fire basket worked best. There is a large one available if you wanted to go big.

HTH

Rubber-Duck

I now have a Cadac same principal but much larger and gas fuled. Works a treat.

Drac

You have a gas oven.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cobb compact barbecue’ is closed to new replies.