Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Coating flaking/bubbling off stanchions on Marzocchi forks?
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Just been giving my hardtail some TLC (well, actualy butchering it with rigid forks, mudguards and CX tyres to make a commuter) and noticed what had been a dark spot on the stanchions had flaked off. The spot had been there abbout 1.5mm diameter since day 1 but was just cosmetic (I assumed). It’s now a 3mm flaked off bit and there’s a line running up the stanchion (same 3mm or so wide) where the Chrome coating has bubbled.

Anyone else seen anything similar?

willber
    Free Member

My 55 Ti EVO2 forks have a bit of that – bit annoying but doesn’t affect them and they still pee all over Fox.

ferrit
    Free Member

Mate had this happen on his 44RC3Ti. Windwave fixed them for nowt. Give them a shout!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Yea, I’m not sure whether to send them back, they were the last of the Corsa RC SL’s in the country before they were replaced with something else so I’m not sure what spares avalability will be like, and I don’t really want to be refunded beacause “they still pee all over Fox. “.

mildred

My 55 Ti EVO2 forks have a bit of that – bit annoying but doesn’t affect them and they still pee all over Fox.

Mine did this and windwave exchanged both stanchions & lowers. They’re very helpful if you call them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Coating flaking/bubbling off stanchions on Marzocchi forks?’ is closed to new replies.