Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Coast to Coast Ireland Race Video
  • session88
    Free Member

[video]http://www.vimeo.com/23932161[/video]

I was racing the Solo class in this race. I am normally a mountain biker but used My Vitus Dark Plasma Road bike for this race. Loved the race best racing experiance I have ever had.

Racing across Ireland in this multisport event from Enniscronie Co.Sligo – Newcastle Co. Down

Road Bike – Vitus Dark Plasma
    Kayak – Nimbus Single
    Feet – Salomon Speedcross2

Day 1:
    5km Beach Run
    108km Road Cycle
    27.5km Kayak
    17km Road Cycle

Day 2
    123km Road Cycle
    32km Mountain Run

kilo

Not had a chance to watch the video yet but it was a hard weekend! mrs kilo raced and I did support, she’s already planning for next year!!

iDave
    Free Member

it’s a very dull video, IMO

penguinni

Nice one Micky.

Well done!

session88
    Free Member

@Kilo
    It was a great weekend. Yes tough but the good times out done the bad. Was Mrs Kilo the Solo Female? Tell her congratulations on a great race.

@iDave
    It was a very dull two days. Also it was being video’d by my support crew who’s first preference was support and not videoing. I think he got condensation on the lense too.

@Penguinni
    Cheers Penguinni

kilo

@Kilo
    It was a great weekend. Yes tough but the good times out done the bad. Was Mrs Kilo the Solo Female? Tell her congratulations on a great race.

No she was in a pair with her sister, the two blonde ladies, all was going very well till after the second feed on the run when they followed five blokes who took the wrong turn and they all ended up at the far end of Newcastle, so no congratulations and a must try harder at navigation I think.

session88
    Free Member

Aw yes that was a shame. A mate of mine who had decided to run some of the way with me was lagging behind after the first climb. He done the same thing. He didnt see what way I went he said he knew it didnt look the right way but as he wasnt competing and didnt have a map followed the teams in front. I knew the area so was lucky in that sense but I wouldnt have fancied that extra road run back to newcastle. Possibly a spot for a marshall next year or just make sure everyone reads the maps. I will admit at that stage you are tired and things go out of your head. I forgot to get the number on the first steps, When I caught another group they told me and I was kicking myself at forgetting but glad they had told me. Got to the next steps and went over them as well without checking. Very easy to forget these things after two days of intense racing.

At least they wont make that mistake next year. I’m sure they really enjoyed it despite that error.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Coast to Coast Ireland Race Video’ is closed to new replies.