Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Coast to Coast – how far and how long?
  • DrRSwank
    Free Member

I did this years ago from Windscale (or whatever) to just below Geordie land on a Sustrans route.

It took us two days.

A mate wants to do it in a day. Is it possible (for fat old lard bags) and how far is it?

andy7t2
    Free Member

whitehaven to sunderland is 135miles not sure about doing it in a day for some reason i think the fastest person was just over 20hrs

ton

morecombe to scarborough. 150 miles
    took me 14 hours.

ahsf
    Free Member

can be done in a day, but not if you have not been riding in while.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I did Workington to Sunderland in July last year.

Took me 15.5 hrs in total, with 10.5hrs of actual rolling time (spent a lot of time waiting for the slower two riders)
    132.5 miles i clocked up, with 9’300ft of climbing.

It can be done in a day but you’ll need to spend some time in the saddle beforehand.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

There’s no way I could do it in a day, my legs would drop off

Junkyard
    Free Member

is that road? lytham st annes to Scarborough about 140 miles and hardly any climbing one big hill past Bolton Abbey rest flatish.
    Easy in a day sub 10 hrs
    10 mph is still under 15 hours

miketually
    Free Member

I’m tempted by C2C in a day, but can’t be bothered with the logistics.

The W2W runs almost past my front door, so thinking of following that west to the Lakes, then ride north to hit the C2C route and follow that east to Consett before heading south to home.

allthegear
    Free Member

Yes – I’ve done the Sustrans C2C in a day – it was hard work in places but perfectly doable. Mentally I broke it down into a 100 mile ride and then a coast of 40 miles (it’s all downhill once you get to the moor above Rookhope)

There’s nothing too scary on the route so go for the fastest skinniest tyres etc you can get.

Two of us did it together and were joined by a third person at Rookhope and that was a big bonus – someone to bring new conversation and an injection of speed for the run down to the sea.

Rachel

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Lol.

So I won’t be doing it in a day with him then.

I found it hard enough over two days and that was ten years ago!!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Coast to Coast – how far and how long?’ is closed to new replies.