Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Coast to Coast
  • TenMen
    Free Member

I’m doing the Coast to Coast ride – Whitehaven to Tynmouth – in 2 weeks for charity. We’re doing it over three days, and I’m really looking forward to it, but never done anything like this before. Anyone here done it, and any tips? Should I start investing in chamois cream?

tinribz
    Free Member

2 weeks! Are you walking it?

Just invest in some training there’s always someone who doesn’t and it’s more enjoyable if it isn’t you.

3 months should be enough….

TenMen
    Free Member

I’ve been doing about 70 miles a week for the last two months, which is as much as I can fit around shifts and children, and I am consoled by the fact that some people doing it with us apparently haven’t ridden a bike for 10 years. At least, that’s what they pretend…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Tracker1972
    Free Member

TenMen, you will be fine. Did it over 5 days towing a trailer of our camping stuff on basically no riding, let alone training and the whole thing in one non stop go on way less riding. Will be surprised if you even notice you have been on the bike 🙂
    A bit of cream might be nice if you haven’t done lots of longer rides though…

muddydwarf
    Free Member

We did it in a day so you’ll have no problems. The Lakes are fairly easy strangely enough, as the route (assume you’re doing the C2C road route) avoids the big climbs.
    Stop at the cyclists cafe in Greystoke, it’s on the route and well worth the stop.

The hardest bit is the middle section after the end of the Eden Valley and the big climb up Hartside.

Most of all – have fun! It’s an achievement and the feeling when you hit the water on the East Coast is brilliant 🙂

(Admittedly, as we did it in one go i was closer to tears but you know what i mean!)

warton
    Free Member

over three days should be fine. as above, the lakes are pretty straightforward, lumpy rather than hilly, only whinlatter to get over. hartside is a big climb, but after that its all downhill 😉

rootes1

road or offroad?

TenMen
    Free Member

All on road – hoping my cycle-to-work voucher will arrive on time so I can do it on a nice & shiny Boardman racing bike!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Coast to Coast’ is closed to new replies.