• This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Coaching slot with Jedi – Sep 14th now available
  • Naff
    Free Member

I’ve managed to tear my rotator cuff on a fall at BPW this weekend and I’m gutted as I had a coaching slot booked with Tony Doyle aka Jedi in two weeks, on Thu Sep 14th.

As one of the best coaches in the UK he’s typically booked up months in advance. I booked this slot back at the start of June. If any of you have had a good summer of riding but looking to take it to the next level, it’s a great opportunity to book a private lesson either 1-1 or with a group in a couple of weeks time.

If you’re interested, the short availability calendar is up on the website http://ukbikeskills.co.uk/short-notice-availability/ Please email Tony directly if you’d like to take advantage of this free slot.

steel4real
    Free Member

when you put …

take advantage of this free slot.

do you mean it’s free as in not going to cost anything ?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Nice try. Pretty sure he means free – available, not free -gratis.

Naff
    Free Member

Just for clarification…. Onzadog is correct. Free as in available, not free as in I pay for you to have a zero cost day of private coaching 😉

Jedi’s standard coaching rates apply and can be found here -> http://ukbikeskills.co.uk/coaching/ . Ranges from £260 for dedicated one to one session down to £135 per person for groups of between 4 – 6 people. Certainly not cheap, but having had a session with him a few years back, I can honestly say he’s got a real knack for helping progress your skills.

I had a major issue with jumps when I first went to see him. Flat drops were fine, but whenever I saw something that started to ramp up into a jump I froze. Jedi spotted this before we’d got anywhere near the table top and suggested a couple of subtle things to work on near the start of the day – seemingly unrelated to jumping. By the time we got to the tabletop I was already feeling more comfortable and after a few attempts managed to clear it. First time I’d ever cleared a tabletop. It gave me a huge feeling of smug satisfaction for weeks afterwards and really helped me progress my riding. Don’t know how he does it but he seems to know exactly what do say/do to help!

Naff
    Free Member

Just bumping this back up in case anyone fancies some last min coaching next Thu…

Big-Bud
    Free Member

sounds like it needed to be the other way round

coaching then bpw

heel soon dude

Naff
    Free Member

Heh heh – Thanks! In hindsight, that might well have been sensible 🙂

As if often the way, it was the crash on the easy stuff the ended up causing injury. Just warming up, only the second run of the day and I washed out the front wheel on a berm in the top section of Melted Welly. Love that part of the run and have ridden it many times before. Probably just lost concentration for a second, didn’t have my weight in the right place and that was my day over. Ho hum… will be back again soon.

jedi

naff, you got mail dude 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Coaching slot with Jedi – Sep 14th now available’ is closed to new replies.