Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • CO2: Volcano or Planes, who wins?
  • ooOOoo
    Free Member
    jon1973
    Free Member

If an asteroid 1 mile across hit Earth everyone would be wiped out and no-one would be traveling by air at all. Imagine the net carbon saving that would produce.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

mmmm good point, fingers crossed

jon1973
    Free Member

That's a hell of a lot of carbon for 1 day worth or flights in Europe (or 60% of them), quite shocking really if that figure is correct. Apparently about 2 kg of CO2 are produced for every liter of fuel burnt.

aracer
    Free Member

They seem to have forgotten to include all the CO2 emitted by all the extra travel by other means which is happening because people can't fly. That and the other things which the volcano is emitting other than CO2. Just an oversight I'm sure.

scraprider
    Free Member

we all die , get used to it.

jon1973
    Free Member

we all die , get used to it.

Very true, but that's no reason to smoke say, or drink and drive. Just because you will die, it doesn't mean you shouldn't mitigate the risk of doing so. I would like to live as long as possible.

rickmeister

How about air travel, vs volcano vs……. cow farts……. ?

molgrips
    Free Member

People travelling around by train or bus will produce less CO2 than flying. Also only the very latest planes are more economical per person than a single person in a car. I think a lot of the hire cars etc are full, which would mean that CO2 is still being saved. Whether or not that saving is then outweighed by the volcano is another matter.

But we must remember that we can't do anything about the volcano, but we CAN do something about air travel.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘CO2: Volcano or Planes, who wins?’ is closed to new replies.