Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • CO2 cannister to seat a non tubeless tyre onto a tubeless rim?
  • oxym0r0n

Anyone done this?

I have Velocity A23 disc rims with yellow tape and some Racing Ralph performance tyres.

They seem to lock in place when used with tubes but I can’t get them to seal with a track pump…

So, anyone tried the CO2 method before I try to make a ghetto inflator?

(I have stans/schwalbe combo on my MTBs and they go up like a dream)

grim168
    Free Member

Done it on road tubeless and it worked fine. Never tried on mtb

convert

ghetto inflator

❓ An inflator of ‘ghetto’ combination of tyre/rim or are you making your own inflator?

I’ve done this a number of times – works fine. track pump just can’t deliver the volume of air required – a co2 works fine if your don’t have a compressor available.

nuke

I’d just make a ghetto inflator if I were you on the basis if the CO2 canister doesn’t work, you’ve just wasted it and also once you’ve made up a ghetto inflator you can use it time and time again at no cost

shermer75
    Free Member

Yes, I’ve inflated dozens of tyres this way. Works a treat!! 🙂

shermer75
    Free Member

* including racing ralphs, but not velocity rims. I’ve always gone with Stan’s advice though- any mtb tyre can be used tubeless on any mtb rim, just as long as you use the right rim strip etc..

Ewan
    Free Member

I quite often do it this way (i bought a job lot of CO2 cartridges, works out at naff all a cartridge)… despite being the OP of this http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/ghetto-tubeless-inflator-total-cost-9p

warpcow
    Free Member

I’ve failed with 25g CO2 cannisters where the ghetto-compressor has worked fine.

TiRed

Yes, bought a large box of 12oz bottles instead of 16oz. Seated CX Pro wire beaded 26″ tyres onto Stans Crests without any problem.

oxym0r0n

Cheers guys – forgot to say they are 35mm CX RRs, but hopefully that doesn’t make a difference. Just not wanting to deal with a puncture on the Gravel Dash if I can help it…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘CO2 cannister to seat a non tubeless tyre onto a tubeless rim?’ is closed to new replies.