Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • C'mon Lyon!
  • higgo
    Free Member

Make me chuckle.

Smee
    Free Member

You're a wee bit premature there. Is it a problem you have often?

higgo
    Free Member

Just easing into it gently.

Junkyard
    Free Member

c'mon liverpool
    The only people who like Rafa more than Liverpool fans are Man U fans. They will never win the league with him charge may he manage them for ever.

higgo
    Free Member

I love Rafa for the comedy value.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I fear an early exit tonight…but he's a lucky fecker sometimes. For sure though, he's never going to win the league with them. That was apparent 3 seasons ago.

binners

iDave
    Free Member

as a liverpool fan, i hope they get mightily stuffed and we can say adios to raffa and start again with someone who has a clue

higgo
    Free Member

as a liverpool fan, i hope they get mightily stuffed and we can say adios to raffa and start again with someone who has a clue

You can't afford to.

He is on a long and lucrative contract and it is by no means certain that he would walk straight into a similarly paid job straight away. Your board cannot take that risk.

Also he has a particularly large backroom team who would also need paying off.

Unless and until you are approached by someone like Real Madrid for his services, you're stuck with him. 😆

binners

£20 million to pay him off apparently. Mind you, that's nowt compared to the money he's wasted on his various buying sprees. Robbie keene anyone? 😀

disco_stu
    Free Member

and what would happen to torres / reina if he left?
    rafa took us to 2nd in premiership last season it would be crazy to get rid of him now.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

it would be crazy to get rid of him now.

I disagree – what is it? 6 losses in 7 matches in all competitions? If he has lost the dressing room he has lost all hope and they need a new perspective. If they lose tonight I reckon he will be gone by lunchtime tomorrow.

bikemonkey
    Free Member

Although Rafa#s a bit of a problem, so's the strength of Liverpool's squad. Would £20m be better spent on getting a new boss, or on 2 £10m players?*

*Actually, the way Rafa would spend the money, it may be worth it so he doesn't waste the next £20m.

trailmonkey

I hope that the whingers get a win tonight.

I want to see the agony extended.

avdave2

They don't need to sack him, he'll walk soon enough.

maxray
    Free Member

Hes won more for Liverpool than Wenge rhas for arsenal in the last 5 years. You dont see people calling for his head.

Chelsea spent 500 million and 6 managers to overthrow Man Utd and only managed 2 titles before normal service was resumed.

Its just a blip, I am sure those plucky scousers will get a win to keep their dreams alive.. :d

duckman

Managing Liverpool isn't a top job.You would have no money to spend, the fan's expectations, oh; and those cheeky scallys checking the fixture list to decide the best time to go round and tie up your family before loading all your material posessions in your soon-to-be-burnt-out 4×4. Can't see how they would convince a better manager to take them on. Of course,they never had these problems when the team was full of Scots.

higgo
    Free Member

…Although Rafa's a bit of a problem, so's the strength of Liverpool's squad.

The 'strength of squad' problem is Rafa's problem. He's brought 67 players into the club so far. He should be able to build a squad out of that lot.

Smee
    Free Member

The technical quality of Liverpool's squad is fine, Rafa's technical coaching abilities are second to none. This can be seen when Liverpool play huge games – they win more of those. The problem that Liverpool do have is one of motivation. They are motivated to gout out and beat the big teams, but dont seem to be able to generate the same level of motivation against the teams they are technically capable of beating at a canter. Until they sort that motivational problem out they are ****.

higgo
    Free Member

C'mon Lyon!

voodoo_chile

duckman it isnt as bad as many other places in the UK

higgo
    Free Member

C'mon Lyon!!!

Smee
    Free Member

SCREAMER

coogan
    Free Member

Great goal. Then awful free kick.

Smee
    Free Member

**** it.

higgo
    Free Member

Arf arf arf.

Junkyard
    Free Member

oh well then

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

O. Ooops 🙂

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Liverpool……. They basically seem reliant on two great players and if one, or both, are missing they look like a pub team. On paper though they have a decent squad – Mascherano was one of the most prized defensive midfielders in the world, Babel was hot property at Ajax but they seem to have gone backwards under Benitez. The majority of his signings have been poor and there don't seem to have been any players who've come through the academy that are first team regulars. The Keane thing was just a fiasco, and not signing someone to cover Torres was daft. They were very close to winning the league last season and had it gone on another 5 games probably would have – united were hanging on a bit, and that was united with Ronaldo in the side. At their best they can beat any team in Europe with the same players as last year bar Alonso. So, either Alonso held the whole team together or Rafa's beginning to lose the drrssing room. I think both those factors and the injuries to Torres and Gerrard are the reasons for their current plight but as others have mentioned, Benitez won't be sacked unless things are really dire due to the cost. The club is already about £300m in debt after the Yanks refinanced what they paid for the club.

tails
    Free Member

they also need more kuyts and benyu??? and fewer babels and lucas types.

Coyote
    Free Member

No depth in the squad. Gerrard and Torres are great players. Benhayoun and Kuyt are good players. Carragher is getting sloppy. Reina is a good keeper but even great keepers need good defensive cover. Nah, the bin-dippers need to accept that it's an unbalanced squad, bite the bullet and rebuild from the bottom up.

tomzo
    Free Member

who the hell is that liverpool defender with the beard and pony tail? pile of shite…

higgo
    Free Member

Mascherano was one of the most prized defensive midfielders in the world

Mascherano is class. I'd much rather have him at Old Trafford than get the kettle-neck troll back.

When the 'Liverpool is the new Leeds' fire sale starts (and it will if they go out of the CL and finish 5th) we could pick up Torres and Mascherano (with Gerrard going to Chelski at last)?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

'Liverpool is the new Leeds'

I don't think they will quite have the same fall that Leeds did – but I doubt they will win anything this season and things WILL change.

And speaking of Leeds… C'Mon – 7 points clear – soon to be heading for the heady heights of the Championship 🙂

AndyP
    Free Member

'Liverpool is the new Leeds'
    oh come on, once you take Gerrard out of the equation, they're a fairly clean team.

MrsMugsy
    Free Member

I got to work this morning and my boss was wearing an OL scarf and discussing last night's match which he went to see. this involved a lot of sticking his fingers up while saying Liverpool.

I work in Lyon and bizarely it seems more difficult to ignore football here than when I was in Sheffield. i guess Wednesday doesn't compare with OL!

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘C'mon Lyon!’ is closed to new replies.