Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • clywdian range
  • mrmo
    Free Member

Looking on Google i can see lots of tracks, looking at the OS map i don't see so many, and i see a lot of footpaths and black dashes.

What is the situation with riding? anything goes or farmers and shotguns?

also how does the ground hold up, does it get muddy or drain well, i know there will always be exceptions but would like an idea of what is about.

Where are good places to park a car and start a night ride from?

final question, how easy is it to get lost, riding at night, are there any landmarks, lit pylons etc.

paulm
    Free Member

Lots of good riding. Would avoid most of the footpaths though. There's enough good riding without tbh.

Soggy in the winter but currently holding up very nicely.

Park in Cilcain down by the pump house or up at the viewpoint car parks. At night, park in the small parking bay by the toilets next to the Lower Moel Famau FC car park. Or park up Moel Arthur / Pennyclodiau car parks. Can send you some map links if you like. Depends on the route really.

If you can read a map you should be OK, but might struggle in the dark like you said. If you want some decent routes give us a shout. email should be in profile.

Ridetheclwyds.com will sort you out for some simple decent routes but take an OS with you.

mrmo
    Free Member

thanks paulm, would appreciate an idea of where to park and ride, base it on being in staying in Chester, working at the Shotton steelworks and trying to escape after work.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    paulm
    Free Member

Will send you an e-mail with some details later on. Easy enough to nip across to the Clwyds from where you are.

tazzymtb

I find the loggerheads car park good, cheap, top food and decent coffee at the cafe and they don't mind manky dirty mtb riders

project
    Free Member

Mrno, also dont forget the two sustrans trails that run direct from Shotton Steel to Chester, one runs via the river Dee,abnd the other along an old railway, both tarmaced and flat,make a good circuit they do.

Both start at Hawrden bridge Station,next to the main entrance,at the river.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘clywdian range’ is closed to new replies.