Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Clwydian Range
  • excitable1
    Free Member

Gave up on the Clwyd’s a few years ago after coming to the conclusion that most of the BW’s were uninspiring and consisted mainly of fire road and farm track (will stand corrected so dont strike me down !).

Willing to give it another go but it strikes me that some of the more cheeky FP’s have far more potential e.g. Offa’s Dyke path, and last time I was there I did see a couple of riders coming down off Moel Llys-y-coed.

So, can I just get inventive I try what I think looks good out there and there is a general acceptance or is it swarming with Rangers and angry locals who will hunt me down with pitch forks cus I’ve ridden on sacred druid FP’s ?

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

you should get in touch with some of the local biking groups, the chester chunky monkeys are a fine bunch and am sure can show you some good stuff.

jeffm
    Free Member

There’s loads of cheeky singletrack around the area and I’ve never had any complaints from walkers.
    I did some pre-ride google earth route planning and took it from there.
    This time of the year its generally pretty quiet up there.

bigmick25
    Free Member

Some cracking riding in that area , It just takes a bit of time and exploration,I’ve had a few u turn moments etc, but always found people in that area to be pleasant enough if you are initially happy and cheery to them.
    Bit moist at present , but isn’t everywhere. 🙄

excitable1
    Free Member

I did some pre-ride google earth route planning and took it from there

Done some of that last night, probably 90% cheeky. I’ll give it a go. God loves a trier doesn’t he ?

Is anyone willing to share a GPS of the best bits (email in profile) ?

tazzymtb

Been riding around there since the mid 80’s, There is some very good stuff about…the access is still a bit sensitive but a lot better than it was in the early mid 90’s when it was quite confrontational at times. If you stay away from the footpaths with very clear no biking signs if go early/ late its not so much of an issue. Basically ride cheeky but dont be a dick.

excitable1
    Free Member

Basically ride cheeky but dont be a dick

Understood. Cheers.

Forecast for the weekend is p155y, p155y and pi55y !

excitable1
    Free Member

Some new trails found, some good, some not so good, even found some pixie build…. but bloody hell it was moist !!!

hughjengin
    Free Member

Its our most local riding spot, despite that we usually steer clear from Nov-March as due to its open nature and ground soil type it just becomes a bog during the winter. On the flipside it makes for fantastic training terrain during the dryer months. As mentioned above, be sensible where you ride. Sometimes to get a decent ride up there you have to link a few cheeky bits with the BW’s but if you are repsectful and careful how cheeky your cheeky bits are, then we rarely have any conflict with walkers.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Clwydian Range’ is closed to new replies.