Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Club Sponsorship
  • harry24
    Free Member

It’s the time of the year again when we as a club are looking into the possibility of finding a new sponsor. I’m interested to hear of people’s experience and tips for this, and what sort of deals and commitments to look for.

Thanks.

harry24
    Free Member

Bump?

harry24
    Free Member

Final try.

trail_rat
    Free Member

What sort of ” club” are you ?

What do you do as a “club”

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

What are you looking for, and what are you providing?

Assume you’re looking for the 2013 season as its halfway through the current one.

What races are you planning on doing, at what level, and what are your expectations, how many regional/national champions will you have?

Getting sponsorship is about writing a business plan explaining what any potential partner would get out of a relationship.

harry24
    Free Member

Small club, mostly dedicated to racing two disciplines on and off road, got some decent 2nd cats and a good bunch of 3rds and a few 4ths. National champions are unlikely, regional is a possibility.

oldgit
    Free Member

That’s like many other small clubs, that’s the problem. My club is a year old and in our first season. Every senior started as a 4th, but two are 3rds already this year.
    We have small sponsors onboard, but we are looking to get bike shop sponsorship. And a deal looks likely.
    Although we are never likely to be national we do show in a lot of disciplines. Road BC and LVRC, TT, CX and MTB XC. As well as supporting local organized rides like reliability trials and sportives.
    WE also have a Go-Ride leader
    That said I think we are doing well in the regionl for a little new club.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Despite have both regional and nationally ranked riders, the majority of our clubs press, and therefore sponsor exposure comes from the junior riders.

Putting on races also provides excellent visability.

tracknicko
    Free Member

our club is generally sponsored by the businesses of its own members i beleive.

can’t see the appeal for anyone else to sponsor a local club i’m afraid.

njee20
    Free Member

Talk to LBSs, who may in turn have/be able to sort an arrangement with other companies. That’s how ours works.

Coming onto a forum and saying “SPONSOR ME” is unlikely to work!

druidh
    Free Member

TBF, the OP didn’t ask anyone on here for sponsorship, he was merely looking for advice on how to go about getting it.

tracknicko – Member
    our club is generally sponsored by the businesses of its own members i beleive.

can’t see the appeal for anyone else to sponsor a local club i’m afraid.That was my thought too.

njee20
    Free Member

Yes, my post was more advising what not to do, rather than insinuating that’s what the OP had done.

flowerpower
    Free Member

Does your club have a web site or a forum?

I think our local club ‘sells’ the space at the top of the website. A couple of LBS and a couple of local cafes have slots. The sponsor changes each time you click on the website, and the number of ‘slots’ each has depends on how much they pay… The banner then links through to the sponsors own website, so they cam monitor the views that they get from it.

harry24
    Free Member

We’ve already got a few companies who are interested, and are due to start negotiations soon. What I really want to know is what level we should be pitching at – cold hard figures – how much for a year, should we aim for?

njee20
    Free Member

What are you proposing to do with it? What do you need to achieve that?

Stuff is far more likely than cold hard cash.

sssimon
    Free Member

My question is always what are you going to do for your sponsor, answer this and you might have an idea of what you’re worth.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Club Sponsorship’ is closed to new replies.