Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Club La Santa Lanzarote
  • bigmandh
    Free Member

Wondering if anyone has been and if so are there road biking groups that go out each day (and of decent speed and distance)? Understand it’s not a cycling holiday as such you’d get in Mallorca but that would be the primary reason for me going so would be good to know that I wouldn’t have to head out everyday by myself.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I’ve been. The windsurfing at Costa Teguise is great. Dunno about the MTB but the road riding looked great. Need to travel for decent nightlife.

imnotverygood

No. There are two or three organised rides each week. You can probably quite easily hitch up with strangers & I think there is a small notice board to do this. However unless you sign up for a bike week (there are two or three a year I think) you don’t get daily organised rides. It is a great place to go, however & I don’t think you would regret going.

flatfish
    Free Member

^^^^^
    What he said although the blind date board was quite desolate when I was there in the summer.
    Most roads are pretty well surfaced with the exception of a handful I found.
    There is ALWAYS a headwind for the last handful of k’s back to La Santa.

bigmandh
    Free Member

Cheers for comments. Think I’ll give it a bash, don’t mind doing a couple of rides myself and trying to get out on group rides when there’s other folk going out. Would be good to try out a few different sports as well whilst it’s on offer.

Andy_Sweet
    Free Member

If the surf is big go down to the harbour and watch the surfing. It’s a world class wave on it’s day:

link

flatfish
    Free Member

Make sure you book a place on the rides as they’re always over subscribed.
    Best time to visit the booking centre is just after the morning run has departed at 8.15 iirc otherwise you’ll be in a queue right out the door. The earliest you can book is 2 days before.
    There is an app in development for booking stuff but I’m not sure when it’ll be released.
    They have a route guide booklet ranging from 14.3k upto 180k for a couple of euro’s which is worth it, take a picture with your phone and use that as a route guide if your not on the organised rides.

jontykint
    Free Member

We’ve been going for about 30 years, I’ll be glad to answer any questions.

There are folk out riding every morning, but as mentioned only 3-4 guided rides a week with the Green Team (club staff) each organised ride is for a different level – beginner/intermediate/advanced.
    To give you an idea the advanced group club ride will go for about 80km at 26-28km/h

In the height of summer, whatever you do aim to be back before lunch. The wind can really pick up as the day goes on.

papercutout
    Free Member

I suggest you learn to windsurf (or kitesurf) pronto. Nothing like biking in the morning, and windsurfing every afternoon of a holiday!

jontykint
    Free Member

yes ^^^

Famara just down the road is a great spot to kite surf

johnx2
    Free Member

…or surf. I’ve roadbiked on the north half of the island in Feb, a couple of days when the surf somehow went flat. Winter on the Canaries is high season for bikes and there were groups of riders everywhere on smooth and otherwise empty roads, really good to the extent I was beginning to see the point… It’s not a great place for mtb.

bigmandh
    Free Member

All booked for a couple of weeks time. Cheers for feedback, looking forward to getting some summer biking done again (not that the mtb in the snow hasn’t been fun!)

LMT
    Free Member

Out here road riding this week, weather has been 22-27 been a great week! No strava just cycling for fun, it’s a bit odd this year as everywhere is green, normally it’s pretty volcanic but this year green stuff every where, feels almost like home.

bigmandh
    Free Member

Just wanted to follow up on this for anyone that it might be handy for. Just back from Club La Santa yesterday. Absolutely brilliant holiday and brilliant resort. The bikes they have are pretty decent for free hire and they didn’t have any problem with me taking it for the day (normally just 3 hour bookings, suppose it depends on demand). Did a 100miler around the island for which I hired one of the better bikes for 25euros for the day. Cannondale supersix evo I think, full carbon, ultegra. Bikes are all well kept and work properly. Went out on intermediate group ride which was too slow at times and then picked up a bit at others. Just depends on the group I suppose. Roads are decent for best part but not quite Mallorca standards. The scenery and landscape is stunning though.

The resort and the amount of things to do which is included in the price is massive and the staff are really helpful and friendly. Did the 5k race and the duathlon, both chip timed which I was surprised at. And all in 22deg sun! I’ll be back next year for sure.

GregMay
    Free Member

Just to get you in the mood. Here is the Club La Santa theme song. I miss it ,this used to be my ring tone back in my triathlon days.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfiL5fyLb5Q[/video]

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

was in lanza all this week , staying in costa teguise, they have a fair few bike shops that do organised rides etc, bit gutted i didnt get out on one, ill take my cycling gear next time im out there as plenty of roadies around

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Club La Santa Lanzarote’ is closed to new replies.