Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Closed Bridge and the LAW
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

SurfMat wouldn’t mess about with a bridge; he would have aquaplaned across in his rear wheel drive car that was better than yours

donsimon
    Free Member

In any case I’d say ignoring the advice that the bridge was closed would have got you a lengthy discussion with a police officer, and if your attitude continued you would probably end up getting lifted for a public order offence or breach of the peace. Whether the fiscal would have pursued it in the public interest would have been interesting to see – but I suspect they might – as they generally don’t like smart arses!

Wouldn’t all that just crumble in the face of AWESOME?

crikey
    Free Member

Spando, tell us more about your Emergency Responding ability and what this has to do with your bridge crossing ability…

spando
    Free Member

Noooo hi vis, its the work of the devil.

For sure it has a place, just not every where and every one, it a joke!

crikey
    Free Member

Spando, tell us more about your Emergency Responding ability and what this has to do with your bridge crossing ability…

Reposted so you can try again.

sugdenr
    Free Member

I think you are highly likely to be in breach of tay bridge byelaws and liable to a fine. This is a civil offence, but if the rossers attended and wanted your name etc so they know where to send the fine to and you refused that would be grounds for arrest and fine in itself.

You could potentially be arrested for creating a danger/breach of the peace for creating a danger (to yourself)- but more likely to be cautioned, as long as you dont get into being chased by the rossers if they tell you to ‘gerrof the brigde’.

I doubt it could be trespass because it is a public bridge and subject to public right of way

nealglover
    Free Member

With your ability to know better than everyone else about everything, you would think you could have predicted the weather and resulting bridge closure in advance, and stayed in bed ?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yep, there’s a place and a time for hi-viz. And there’s a place and a time for camouflage.

Camouflage for illegal bridge crossing I reckon.

spando
    Free Member

Great stuff now i really need to go change my pants 😆

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I have that problem myself, occasionally. 😳

Junkyard
    Free Member

wise words ernie and sage advice – why not look at some footage of the riots for appropriate clothes to wear whilst commuting crime to avoid CCTV detection as well?
    You can never be too careful in these days of nanny state surveillance IMHO

spando
    Free Member

sugdner

some perspective, nice.

For the record, If once over the bridge I was met by a welcome party I would be humble and apologetic as to be any other way as suggested would be against my aim of just getting home. I would of course charm them with cunning use of NLP.

crikey
    Free Member

NLP and emergency response?

Do you wear a special suit too?

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

You shouldn’t live in Fife. That’s where your problems stem from. 😉

spando
    Free Member

Shopping list for commuting:
    1. Urban camo
    2. Catapult to take out cctv
    3. Hi vis to blend in
    4. Pedalo and power kite as escape vehicle
    5. Clean under wear in case I end up in hospital
    6. A lawyers card
    7. Head cam 😀

crikey
    Free Member

You live with your mum, don’t you?

spando
    Free Member

Crikey

I’m so sorry to have insulted the good work you mum does that was very insensitive of me.

Wish i was allowed to wear my special suit but my mum wont let me 😈

andrewh
    Free Member

Don’t know if helps but I’ve riden the Tay Bridge a few times (I now you this is not supposed to be done) and nothing happened when I boke that rule. If coming up the A92 it is not obvious that there is a special bit in the middle and one just follows the rest of the traffic around the roundabout. I did get stopped at the toll booth once and asked to use the middle bit. Are the toll booths still there?

druidh
    Free Member

No toll booths now – it’s all free.
    Gotta love that wee lift on the cyclepath at the north end though 🙂

spando
    Free Member

no, no toll booths any more 😀

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No toll booths ? WTF ?? First health & safety/the nanny state, and now this. Do people want the state to provide everything for them ? ffs….no wonder the country is in such a mess.

spando
    Free Member

aracer
    Free Member

What was wrong with swimming?

Drac

Spando if your a first responded you are not part of the Emergency Services.

Time Bandits we call them.

tazzymtb

Have seen the same sort of response from car drivers “just nipping through” an active road resurface site during night works (fully signed and closed off for access with diversion routes in place) putting the workforce and more importantly the idiot in the car at very high risk. they then get all sweary and abusive when politely being told to leave before the end up under some heavy plant.

some people are just fools 😆

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Closed Bridge and the LAW’ is closed to new replies.