Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Clocks go back sunday morning
  • project
    Free Member

So darker an hour earler than usuual, what a pointless exercise, why cant we just stay as we are.

Simples.

druidh
    Free Member
    john_drummer
    Free Member

So darker an hour earler than usuual

or on the other side of the coin, light an hour earlier, which is good if you’re an early riser

druidh
    Free Member

So – just the usual amount of daylight then?

donsimon
    Free Member

So darker an hour earler than usuual, what a pointless exercise, why cant we just stay as we are.

We are actually returning to real time, it’s BST that’s the imposter and was introduced to save energy. 🙁

druidh
    Free Member

don simon – Member
    We are actually returning to real time, it’s BST that’s the imposter and was introduced to save energy let workers get home before the blackout during the war.

bruneep

Reminds me of last year when I shouted to the wife downstairs “come up here and see my clock”

she rushed up to find me lying there naked and aroused.

“That’s not a clock” she screamed!

“it will be when you put some hands and a face on it” i said!

😉

donsimon
    Free Member

My memory’s clearly not as clear as yours. 😉 Then again I’m only a young pup. 😛

LadyGresley
    Free Member

What? The clocks go back again? I’m sure they did that last year too 😕

druidh
    Free Member

😆

Hohum
    Free Member

Winter is a dark and horrible season and no matter how you dress up the time it doesn’t make that much difference to be honest.

I would be more interested in the whole subject if they came up with a way of fast-forwarding November through to February 😉

project
    Free Member

Lady Gresley – Member
    What? The clocks go back again? I’m sure they did that last year too

Posted 8 minutes ago # Report-Post

The birth of the railways was the start of a unifiered time around the UK mainland .clocks have gone back and forward for many years Lady Gresley, any relation to Sir Nigel Gresley,the famous steam train.

seanodav
    Free Member

@ bruneep 😆

grahamh
    Free Member

I would be more interested in the whole subject if they came up with a way of fast-forwarding November through to February

They have.
    It’s called hibernating 😀

zippykona

On Facebook there is a group called lighter later. Join them and we can get our evenings back. No I really don’t care what the Scots think,there’s more people(and Scots!) in London than oop there.

Hohum
    Free Member

zippykona – Member
    On Facebook there is a group called lighter later. Join them and we can get our evenings back. No I really don’t care what the Scots think,there’s more people(and Scots!) in London than oop there.

Well that explains a lot of things then doesn’t it?

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Hate it. It’s a real bitch setting the alarm for 00.00 just to set it back to 23.00! Then going back downstairs because 23.00 isn’t really bedtime! Just real messy!

Hohum
    Free Member

Whathaveisaidnow – Member
    Hate it. It’s a real bitch setting the alarm for 00.00 just to set it back to 23.00! Then going back downstairs because 23.00 isn’t really bedtime! Just real messy!

Gosh!

When you put it that way….

😉

TheBrick
    Free Member

Unless it’s at night with no lights or low blinding sun (which hviz does not help with) “Not seeing” cyclist is more of a state of mind than cyclist actually being hard to see.

molgrips
    Free Member

why cant we just stay as we are

I’m guessing you don’t have to get up early in the morning then…?

Dark at 9am would not be much fun. Dark at 8am for months would also not be fun at all.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Clocks go back sunday morning’ is closed to new replies.