Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Clipless shoes Good all-rounder needed
  • nickc

Can you recommend a pair of decent clipless mountain bike shoes/boots. Currently using 5:10 Maltese Falcon Race, which are OK, but lacking in waterproofness and like all 5:10 take an age to dry out, and they’re a bit “boat” like, shapeless, and limited in feel.

so…something that has ‘some’ robustness, a bit of waterproofing, not a disco slipper, not a walking boot…. in short, something for mountain biking in!!

which seems harder to find than I reckon it should 😆

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I really rate my mavic alpine shoes. A little bit of ankle padding, not heavy, can hike a bike, dry quick. #Enduro enough but not too enduro.

richmtb

Shimano M200’s

Stiff but easy to walk in. Reinforced toe box and raised upper gives good protection for your feet and ankles

They aren’t waterproof but shrug off most splashes due to the way the lace covering is designed and the relative lack of vents compared to a pure XC shoe

Plenty of fore and aft adjustment in the cleat position too makes them good for trail riding, easy to get the ball of you foot ahead of the pedal axle.

teasel
    Free Member

Remember those ?

I have a brand new and unused pair sat at the LBS. I also have another two pairs, one used and the other unused and boxed but without laces. The used pair took some serious abuse back in the day, waterproofed with Nikwax stuff and are still looking useful but I switched to Spesh Trail 120s when they were released and now use disco slippers.

They don’t go with anything I wear nowadays either and definitely don’t sit well with Lycra shorts.

I should probably stick them in the classifieds at some point…

warns74
    Free Member

I also have Shimano M200s and they are good shoes but with a big caveat that they are not waterproof. The mesh piece on the top of the toe area lets in water easily if you splash through puddles etc.

fathomer

Giro Terraduro’s here. I’ve got 10-15 rides in so far and have been ace. The Vibram sole was awesome hiking up some of Snowdon & Cadair Idris a few weeks back.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Clipless shoes Good all-rounder needed’ is closed to new replies.