Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Clicking and Painful Knees Mountain Biking
  • rebel12
    Free Member

My kneecap’s tend to click a lot when riding and sometimes the day after riding my knees have been really sore. Sometimes the soreness lasts almost a week. Almost enough at times to think twice about going out on the bike again. I’ve already tried the usual saddle height adjustments, cleat position adjustments etc. but this does not seem to make a lot of difference.

Had a scan on the right knee and there’s some roughness under the patella (kneecap) apparently. The patella (kneecap) is tracking slightly incorrectly or sticking slightly but apart from that then there’s no other problems.

Been to see the physiotherapist 3 weeks ago and am doing strengthening work to the quads and stretching the IT band, quad, glutes and hamstrings. Hopefully this will work. With summer approaching I’d like to get it sorted so that I can get back out on the bike again.

Has anyone else suffered from this at all? How did you finally manage to put it behind you?

turbo1397
    Free Member

was having some problems with my knees and IT band.. went to see someone who dealt in biomechanics and invested in a pair of orthotic insoles as i had a leg length difference and some other issues.. helped my knee problem and IT band. Also did a lot of strenghthening work on quads etc.. and used a foam roller.

DT78
    Free Member

Orthotics, stretch 20 mins every day, use foam roller, getting better 2 months in. Been bad for 2-3 years.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Try spinning at a faster cadence – puts less stress on your knees

flintstoner
    Free Member

Had a similar issue and now find that with my custom orthotics and avoiding any big hills and selling my singlespeed setup, my knees like me a lot more and are far less vocal.

garrrrpirate
    Free Member

Orthotics as has been mentioned above, they’ll change your life.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Clicking and Painful Knees Mountain Biking’ is closed to new replies.