Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 198 total)
  • CLIC24, who’s on board?
  • Scienceofficer
    Free Member

…and be asked if you ever ride it, be accused of all the gear, more time washing it, etc…
    😉

ransos
    Free Member

“I was out spannering and cleaning last night. Just as I’d got the thing looking and working spotlessly and like new – I asked myself, what was the point of that.”

If I hadn’t thoroughly cleaned my bike the other day, I wouldn’t have discovered a broken spoke in the rear wheel. So that’s the forks, cassette, b/bracket bearing, chain, gear cable and spoke all knackered and now repaired or replaced. Let’s hope that’s the end of it!

xc-steve
    Free Member

Will I get laughed at if I have front and rear crud catchers on?
    Will they actually be needed?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

crud catchers will make your experience of mendip mud a considerably more pleasant one. The racing snakes will point and laugh though, or maybe sneer.

I would certainly take them. Some areas have had enough rain this week that they’ll stay wet through the event.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I think its going to be grim chaps and chapesses.

I’ll be crudguarded, it does mean you can actualy see where you are going …

I don’t know what is going on with the second stream crossing, I rode it a few months ago and didn’t notice anything different. Mind you I was on my trail sofa with gurt big tyres.

Oh well. I was so looking forward to it being nice. It was utterly gorgeous last year. So long as it isn’t as bad as 2007, I’m happy.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Mud tyres are on and ready.

🙁

xc-steve
    Free Member

What type of Mud is it there? Gloopy or thin and watery?

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

All kinds xc-steve.

In the deluge of 2007, the first section before the main descent turned into a kind of thin mud soup, surrounded by squidgy mush, the section after the stream crossings turned into claggy mud, and the bog up on the top before you ride down to the road. Well, you could loose an army to it, let alone a bike. Black, thick, sucky, deep.

It was great in a perverse kinda way 😀

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

Having riden it last night, the ground was still very hard with just a little greasy top layer in places. No real mud just more muddy spray from the wet grass so if the weather holds off you’ll be OK (although the bottom section was a little muddy but always is). On saying that if it hammers down for the next 48 hours – crud catchers and mud tyres are worth their weight in gold!!

Swamp things will packed!

elliptic
    Free Member

So, if it does lash down, could you all try not to totally bork our local trails…

…please…?

…pretty please…?

(I’ll be on the South Downs instead 😉 )

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Oh its going to lash it down all tomorrow, heavy showers saturday and sunday morning. It might clear up a bit after we’re done.

Bleeding typical.

xc-steve
    Free Member

So, if it does lash down, could you all try not to totally bork our local trails…

…please…?

…pretty please…?

(I’ll be on the South Downs instead )

Same happened for me at the Newnham90 although went back to normal quite quickly due to the amount of rain we had last summer! I’ll be careful!

No bush turds!

ransos
    Free Member

Yep, I will ignore the fashion police and take a crud guard too.

Alex

“Hardcore Loafing” will be there for the second year. Last year was lovely wasn’t it? I’ve lent my trailrakers to someone, but the chainsuck’ll get me before the tyres give out.

I’m packing crud catches. And everything waterproof I own.

GaryLake
    Free Member

I’ll be stringing together a load of zip ties to see if I can somehow fit my crudcatcher to the downtube of an Orange Five.

And then go and decide to ride the singlespeed anyway.

Trailrakers are packed.

jimmerhimself
    Free Member

I’ve always found the downtube to be a most effective front mudguard on my Five:-) Failing that there is the Freeride look of zip tying an old bit of inner tube between the crown and brace on the forks – very gash but suprisingly efficient!

twinklydave

No bush turds!

LOL
    grim

GaryLake
    Free Member

Failing that there is the Freeride look of zip tying an old bit of inner tube between the crown and brace on the forks – very gash but suprisingly efficient!

Ahhh, nice one, will do that!

elliptic
    Free Member

aaaaaannnnnddddd………… here comes the rain now.

🙄

ollieT
    Free Member

We might need it as its raining here in Street now.

xc-steve
    Free Member

Failing that there is the Freeride look of zip tying an old bit of inner tube between the crown and brace on the forks – very gash but suprisingly efficient!

Works fine on stopping mud on your face but your body will still get sprayed. I’m thinking, putting on soaking gear after a kip won’t be nice!

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

What kip ? 😀

xc-steve
    Free Member

What kip ?

Well you know have to give you guys a chance to catch up with me 😛

clubber
    Free Member

LOL – adh, xc-steve pwned you there 😉

ollieT
    Free Member

Looks like its stopped raining. I really should do some work and stop looking out the window worrying about it. 😯

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Meh, if its too nasty, I may just carry straight on at Ellick House one lap, and put my feet up in front of the fire at the Pub in Rickford … 😉

GaryLake
    Free Member

If any of you find yourself pelted with a flash gun while on a night lap – I apologise in advance for screwing up your night vision and hopefully I’ll have an awesome pic of you to show for it afterwards!

KINGTUT
    Free Member

If any of you find yourself pelted with a flash gun while on a night lap – I apologise in advance for screwing up your night vision and hopefully I’ll have an awesome pic of you to show for it afterwards!

And I apologise in advance for pelting you with flap jack/ energy gel / empty water bottle / what ever comes to hand.

😉

xc-steve
    Free Member

Sounds good Gary as long as your get the second photo of me crashing!

GaryLake
    Free Member

Any other ride numbers? LVIS lot don’t worry, I’ll spot yer jerseys…

No promises though folks – guaranteed to be too lazy/tired/bored/injured/cold

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I’m 363 if I have a jacket over my Vegas kit …

BigDummy
    Free Member

KINGTUT – A combination of lousy weather, lousy fitness and 4-hour journey mean I am taking a raincheck on this weekend.

Thanks very much for the offer of the lift anyway, I hope fun is had by all.

Jon 🙂

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Ye big woofter Jon 😉

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I’m 354 if I have a jacket over my Vegas kit.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

BigDummy – Member

KINGTUT – A combination of lousy weather, lousy fitness and 4-hour journey mean I am taking a raincheck on this weekend.

Thanks very much for the offer of the lift anyway, I hope fun is had by all.

Jon

No problem, tis a shame but I can see your point.

xc-steve
    Free Member

103 – Blue chameleon

judderman
    Free Member

I’ll be sporting number 7 with a silly grin and vacant expression 🙄

terrahawk
    Free Member

388 here

ollieT
    Free Member

Number 4 here.

Dam it its still raining this morning

judderman
    Free Member

Would’nt know about weather, I’ve been up all night trying to get my Speed King supersonics to seal 😡 if I dont get them to seal soon Ollie its back to the 2.4 Rubber Queens 😯

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 198 total)

The topic ‘CLIC24, who’s on board?’ is closed to new replies.