Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Clic24 2011
  • oxym0r0n

How was it for you?

For me,
    Positives
    – One of the best endurance courses I have ridden (only slightly topped by one in NZ)
    – No rain
    – Relaxed atmosphere
    – Personal feel
    – Raising money for charity
    – breakfast rolls
    – Commentary at the end

Negatives
    – Some of the course markers were a bit hard to see (especially at night!)
    – Some idiots on the course (not part of the event) on my final lap who decided to overtake me on the big downhill then promptly stop in front of me, telling me to “F-off we’re not racing”

I’ll be back!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

“telling me to “F-off we’re not racing”

That’s out of order of them. Yes, it’s on public trails but there was no need for rudeness. Berks!

Not taking part, I avoided Black Down and rode trails nearby, but popped into the tent city to feel the vibe. Was quite tempted to do a lap for the hell of it! What were your lap times? How many did you do? What were the best/worst bits?

judderman
    Free Member

another cracking event, well done to Neil & his team, particulary the gorgeous PTA women doing the food!!!

crazymoon
    Free Member

i missed the food!

Fuzzyfelt
    Free Member

Yep – great event. Liked the new lap, short sharp climb was a bit of a struggle but I guess better than the long fire-road of previous and liked the shorter road stint; but hate to think what that bog would have been like had the weather been more typical CLIC! So, anybody know how the Tandem fella’s got on – saw them on a couple of laps; and big respect to fella SPAM’er who put in the 12 laps in the 12hr format…on a rigid single-speed.
    On to the next event, hope some of you make it along:

SPAM Erlestoke 12

tangent
    Free Member

I met one of the tandem team in the fuzzy wee hours just before daybreak…dunno how many laps they’d done but by then they had retired from the event (I made a point of catching up with the guy again at the end to say cheers, as his enthusiasm got me out for another few more laps–including the all important sunrise one 8))

Supereme event :-)–thanks’ ya’all–, wonderful riders, fine dry conditons *thank goodness*…prehaps the hardest part for me was remembering to make the left hand turn onto Back Lane, and not carry on cruising / clattering down towards the Crown :lol:…

attractivefish
    Free Member

Hi Tangent,

You must be the Moots rider 🙂

We did 7 seven laps, suppose the down side of riding a tandem is where you have to go with the flow of the weakest/tiredest rider.

Quite enjoyed it though, loved the course and as always will be back next year, just maybe without a tandem though 🙂

tangent
    Free Member

Hiya Mr a…fish, yep that was me on the Moots 🙂

You might have already seen this but there’s a few new pictures on the Clic / Flickr website , including one of the tandem. 8)
    Hope to see you next year…

Only thing I’m doing differently is to have some ales ready for the finish…strolled / staggered into the tea-rooms tent to ask for a much needed beverage @11-00am’ish to discover they didn’t have a license for then 8O…still a kind fellow rider took pity on me and handed me one 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Clic24 2011’ is closed to new replies.