• This topic has 22 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by the00.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Clement X'Plor MSO just gone BANG
  • the00
    Free Member

New Hunt 4 seasons wheels fitted with new Clement X’Plor MSO 700×40 120tpi tyres…

I thought these were tubeless compatible… But perhaps not! Any experience anyone?

simondbarnes

Not listed as tubeless on the uk distributor’s website (2Pure)

bikebouy
    Free Member

Nah, tubes in mine (when I use them)

the00
    Free Member

Clements website is pretty vague on the matter:

‘Clincher, folding bead, (or tubeless ready) color black’

Is the 2pure page clearer? I can’t find it.

simondbarnes

Is the 2pure page clearer?

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

The X’Plor MSO is an adventure tyre designed for mixed conditions. The combination of smooth-rolling center knobs and aggressive shoulder lugs provide great traction and durability for dirt roads, trails, cyclocross, urban assault and even pavement. The MSO will fit on your cyclocross bike, commuter, and touring bike.

the00
    Free Member

The reviews I’d seen suggested they were tubeless…

the00
    Free Member

I’ve emailed Clement from their website. What are the chances of Surly levels of service (ace)?

simondbarnes

What pressure were you running?

tmb467
    Free Member

Tubeless here but they state they are tubeless on the tyre

It’s a fairly new review as well – maybe you’ve got older non tubeless ones?

the00
    Free Member

They were a bit hard, so it is possible that they were over inflated. However that was in an effort to combat the sealant bubbling out at the bead. I thought I’d go for a spin to help them seal.

I wonder of only the 36c are tubeless, as mine don’t have that label on the sidewall.

Buying tyres is a minefield these days with most online retailers.

simondbarnes

I wonder of only the 36c are tubeless, as mine don’t have that label on the sidewall.

There is a 36c tubeless version listed on the 2Pure site.

The reason I asked about pressure is that even if it is a tubeless ready tyre it’ll still blow off at higher pressures. It’s only really road tubeless tyres that work at higher pressures without blowing off the rim.

siwhite
    Free Member

I’ve been running that exact combo of rim and tyre tubeless for over a year without any issue.

the00
    Free Member

Thanks Si, that’s given my the confidence to try again rather than hunt down a new tyre in a hurry.

shindiggy
    Free Member

You may find that the tyre bead has been damaged after being blown off (fnar fnar) and may cause you future problems if running tubeless.

aP
    Free Member

The tubeless version is the 36mm. The 40mm isn’t claimed to be tubeless.

NZCol

I run 36mm tubeless version on Stans Alphas, run at 55psi with no problems. They are marked tubeless , I’ve got another random set from ages ago that aren’t tubeless.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Are the LAS ones tubeless?
    Cos they look exactly what I’m after. Cheap too -£23 each on wiggle

ojom
    Free Member

To further clarify, the only Tubeless MSO we currently bring in is the 36.

The MSO comes in a 60tpi single compound, a 120tpi dual compound and a Tubeless single compound variant for the 36.

If it says Tubeless on the side then it is tubeless, if it doesn’t then it’s not BUT like all tyres your experience may be that you get it to work.

Presently supply of the MSO is not great but this will change in the coming weeks. Watch this space.

Hope that helps. Happy weekend!

Mark 2pure

the00
    Free Member

Mark, thanks for clarification. I have also got a helpful reply by email from Mike @ Clement – Including a spreadsheet ?

My tyres are not marked tubeless. Bum.

A 40mm tubeless version exists, but not in the UK.

the00
    Free Member

Pic for fun…

mechanicaldope

Think you have your tyres mixed up. That is clearly the Clement X’Plod… Thank you, thank you, I’m here all week….

scaredypants

Pan out – I bet there’s a grumpy chap with a track pump 😀

the00
    Free Member

Not quite. I’m glad I had just rolled to a stop, and was looking away, when it went BANG. People came from houses to see what the noise had been.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Clement X'Plor MSO just gone BANG’ is closed to new replies.