Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cleat stuck in pedal HELP
  • ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Afternoon all, been out riding and had a comedy off, tried to unclip foot but it twisted all the way.

I changed the position last night so probably my own making however how do I get it out? Shimano cleats on xt trail pedals.

Any suggestions

Ash

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Not sure I understand!

Did the cleat come off the shoe and is stuck in the pedal?

njee20
    Free Member

In which case you need a screwdriver and an allen key, so you can tighten your cleats properly next time.

psling
    Free Member

Are you still attached to the bike? Probably best to take your shoe off first… 😉

bigyinn
    Free Member

Back the spring tension off all they way and lever the sprung rear binding open with a screwdriver, this should release the cleat.

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

No not currently attached to the bike, but the shoe is. It looks and feels like a bolt has either sheared or come out entirely meaning the shoe can turn 360 in the pedal itself.

Njee- screwdriver? And thanks for the advice about Allen keys.

I have removed the pedal as its raining. But cannot for the life of me work out how to get it out. If I wind the tension screw right off will it pop out?

crikey
    Free Member

Put the pedal back on the bike, stick a screwdriver into the sprung bit, lever it backwards and shoe will fall out. You’ve not tightened the cleat up enough and have maybe lost a screw as well.

micky
    Free Member

Can you get to the big phillips screws that hold the spring loaded plates on?

zilog6128

If I wind the tension screw right off will it pop out?

It probably won’t fall out but you should be able to lever it out easily enough with the tension wound down. (This is how I get the plastic reflectors out that come with new bikes!)

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Managed to get it out. Wound the tension off then managed to prise it off the cleat.

Lost a cleat bolt but hey I’m sure I can replace that!

Thanks for the advice everybody.

Ash

bigyinn
    Free Member

bigyinn – Member

Back the spring tension off all they way and lever the sprung rear binding open with a screwdriver, this should release the cleat.
    No need to thank me, all part of the service! 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cleat stuck in pedal HELP’ is closed to new replies.