Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • cleaning Ti
  • rOcKeTdOg

what’s the best wat to get it looking good after muddy rides and a lot of use, any tips for a shiny looks like new frame?

Just wash as you would any other bike and then use something like Mr Finish Line (or Mr Sheen) to make it shiny.

IanB
    Free Member

Sam sent some oil with my Pegasus that brings the frame up a real treat. I use normal soap and water to get off the usual grime, let it dry and then wipe over with cloth dabbed in the oil, then polish off with a clean rag. No idea what oil it is as it’s in an unmarked bottle. Don’t know what I’ll do when I run out, but then you don’t need much so will last me a while I expect 🙂

firestarter
    Free Member

Squeeze some fresh lemon juice into some water and wash it down after cleaning it gives it a nice finish

druidh
    Free Member

Duraglit

scruzer
    Free Member

Once washed lightly spray with wd40 and wipe over. Job done! Or if you want a deep lasting shine ie removing any tarnish try Duraglit. WARNING!!! This will seriously buff to mirror finish and likely to be permenant so not advisable if you just want want a ‘polish’.

monotokpoint
    Free Member

After a wash I use a hard wax polish. You can get these in Halfords etc for a few pounds

TheSwede
    Free Member

Quick rub with 80 grit paper 😉

drew

I’d like to refurbish my omega ti road frame. Where can I buy 80 grit paper from?

spacecadett
    Free Member

I rebrushed my titanium Litespeed frame with a Scothbrite pad, it came up as good as new.

flamejob
    Free Member

All this depends on the finish; polished frames you can go hammer and tongs at with the duralit but matt finish frames I have always had success with a brillo pad.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘cleaning Ti’ is closed to new replies.