Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Cleaning camelbak tube
  • Mounty_73

Does anyone know of an alternative cleaning brush for cleaning the tube?

I refuse to pay 12quid for the camelbak one.

I have looked at a few high street shops and supermarkets, but I cant find one…

neninja
    Free Member

Put ‘hydration cleaning’ in to Ebay and you’ll find cleaning kits with drying frames and brushes for under £10.

z1ppy

bit of rag on a length of cable (or plastic string you can push up the tube)..

TBH I bought the camel back kit years ago, as it much less hassle & has yet to wear out 😀

disco_stu
    Free Member

Decathlon do a cleaning kit, it looked exactly the same as my Camelbak one but its only £7.99

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/hydration-pack-cleaning-kit-id_5935596.html

MrTall
    Free Member

I use the Decathlon kit which has all the brushes you’ll need. Think it was about £8 although that was a while back.

Only useful if you have a store near you though i guess?

disben

if you have a sports direct locally – they do this – which is pretty much as good as any others!

Especially for £5.99

PaulD
    Free Member

I use an army rifle bore cleaner.
    It is basically a length of cord with brass fittings each end.
    Put a piece of rag in the jag and use it as a pull-through.
    Excellent…it will never break or wear out…packs up small if touring.

Winner.

PaulD

KonaTC

+1 for sports direct cleanng kit and cheap as chips

JEngledow
    Free Member

I just soak mine in Milton (the stuff used for cleaning babies bottles) every now and again and it works a treat with very little effort!

mtbfix

I just soak mine in Milton

Agreed. Rinse the bladder and tube as soon as you get home and bung them in the freezer. Then Milton them every so often. That is unless your tube is already growing stuff in which case the above suggestions will be what you want.

JEngledow
    Free Member

That is unless your tube is already growing stuff in which case the above suggestions will be what you want.

I forgot about one for quite a while a few years ago and when I found it again the tube was totally black. I rinsed it out and soaked it overnight and it came out crystal clear.

jonba
    Free Member

Shoe lace with a knot in it works for me. For a slightly more pimp version use some rag on the end of a gear cable as they are easier to get through.

eyerideit
    Free Member

1 more for the Sports Direct kit. Think it’s by Karrimor and was only £4.99

I just use the brushes, the hanging/drying hook is a crap, plus it doesn’t work on an antidote bladder.

CalamityJames
    Free Member

+1 for a monthly Milton clean. I only use water though, so less chance of it going mouldy.

The knot in a shoelace tip is fantastic. The best tips are always the most screamingly obvious!

Mounty_73

I will give the shoe lace tip a go later, although I have just noticed a small split in the tube about half way and I need a new mouth piece….it might be easier/cheaper to buy a complete new bladder!

woodsa
    Free Member

Another hands up for Milton, or I use my beer brewing steriliser (both the same)

Although after emptying post ride, I make sure there’s no water in the tube, then chuck it in the freezer.

DoctorRad
    Free Member

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=TUBE+BRUSH plus regular sterilisation. Tablets are probably cheaper than Milton fluid.

monogramman
    Free Member

I got a baby bottle cleaning brush set from Poundland or B&M. Cut the handle off of the small brush, tie some wire to it for pulling through the tube & to clean the bite valve, then use the big one for the bladder.

Perfect!

willber
    Free Member

Wire coat hanger, straightened out, rag on the end, fold end of wire over to hold rag – costs sod all

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Cleaning camelbak tube’ is closed to new replies.