Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Claudio's course ride is up
  • Rubber_Buccaneer

Course looks tough 😯

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Smasher of a crasher

matt_outandabout

Oooft…

sharkattack

I’ve been to spectate at Val di Sole. It’s just ridiculous. In some spots there’s no trail at all, you just have to point your bike in a vaguely straight line over the top of some boulders and hope you don’t fall into the gaps. It’s so steep that everything that’s behind something is invisible until you’re plummeting into it.

There’s a lot of new man made stuff in that video but no doubt it’ll fall apart under a few hundred riders. Plus at that gradient you’re constantly using your arms to stop your entire body weight flying over the bars. I can ride a DH bike and I like it rough, but I’d hate to try and set a fast time down that track. It would be pure survival for me.

Yeah, it’s a pretty daunting place.

flashinthepan
    Free Member

I can’t ride a DH bike and I’m not sure what sport that is – but it sure ain’t what I do. 😯

Given how flat a Go-Pro makes everything look, that must be crazy steep

coomber
    Free Member

So excited. It’s Saturday isn’t it?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I can ride a DH bike and I like it rough, but I’d hate to try and set a fast time down that track. It would be pure survival for me.

I’m not a DH type, but I do like the fun and games of the likes of Antur from time to time. I also like watching these course run videos and thinking “Yeah, I could ride that”.

Not on this one. I couldn’t ride a lot of that! Some serious testicular fortitude on display!

sharkattack

So excited. It’s Saturday isn’t it?

Yes. When the XC and DH share a venue the DH gets moved to Saturday.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Nearly 10 years since Sam Hill washed out on the last corner. In Lycra . Insane speed and well worth a watch

http://extreme.com/insane/1005144/dh-men-3rd-sam-hill-world-championship

wallop

Fair play to Claudio 😆

That track does not let up.

deviant
    Free Member

All the WC courses should be like that….let’s have a season of Champery, Val di Sol, Schladming, Mont St Anne etc…the same names would probably still win but it’d be a hell of a show!

white101

This guys enthusiasm is great, love watching his video previews. Amazing how he can commentate on the course and still ride like crazy.

plyphon
    Free Member

Nearly 10 years since Sam Hill washed out on the last corner. In Lycra . Insane speed and well worth a watch

http://extreme.com/insane/1005144/dh-men-3rd-sam-hill-world-championship

Oh my god that run. And that wipe out. I watched that on the edge of my seat

plyphon
    Free Member

What time to watch in the UK btw?

chiefgrooveguru

So steep. I think I’d rather abseil down some parts!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Oh my god that run. And that wipe out. I watched that on the edge of my seat

It’s just amazing isn’t it!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Claudio's course ride is up’ is closed to new replies.