Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Claud butler carbon!???
  • tombird
    Free Member

My friend wants to buy his first road bike and has seen a claud butler one with 105 group set. Presumably this is a generic carbon frame (looks like a Planet X frame to me) with their name on it, so I guess it will be ok??
    What do you think? 😕

tombird
    Free Member

Just noticed that they do an xc frame also, does anyone know anything about them?

Stoner
    Free Member

doesnt look like a PX Superlight, and as I understand it PX SL frames are made to their own specifications these days, although obviously they probably come from much the same manufacturing source as other far eastern carbon builds.

Cant comment on the CB bike though.

crikey
    Free Member

I think it will be fine, but CB has a bit of a dowdy image, if you are at all bothered about that sort of thing.

Sorry, I mean ‘if your friend is bothered’ 😉

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Its probably similar to any other generic carbon frame, can’t believe its too drastically different or better or worse to any of the other ‘value’ brands. It’ll break just like any other carbon frame if you crash it, huck it off kerbs or whatever.

Get it bought!?

tombird
    Free Member

Thanks, I just need some reassurance as I’m giving him advice and would feel crap if it turned out to be a lemon 😳

Its £550 second hand with very little use – will try to get him down a bit though 😉

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Cape Wrath Carbon IIRC. Not a bad bike at all, if you can take the stick you’ll get when people dish out, that you’re not riding a “cool brand”.

tombird
    Free Member

Cheers for the advice. I’ll tell him to go for it. I’ve got a Dolan – their bottom of the range CF frame, which I’m pretty sure is manufactured by someone else but with DOLAN stuck on it. It’s been fantastic even after some abuse and still looks new.

Nico
    Free Member

I can remember when Claud Butler was super aspirational. Of course we didn’t say “super aspirational” in those days. We said, “Corrr”.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Claud butler carbon!???’ is closed to new replies.