Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Classifieds user warning
  • thenorthwind

So I bought some bike bits off someone who posted a ad in the classifieds. Over a month later, I haven’t received them or replies to numerous emails (despite him posting on the forum since), so I’ve given up hope of seeing the parts or the money again. It’s not a lot of money, but I feel I should at least warn the rest of the forum.

The username is gteles. His real name appears to be Guilherme (Gui) Teles.

I don’t want to get in a debate about whether to buy from (mainly) classifieds users, whether you should pay other people on here with Paypal gift (I did, and would do the same again), just to bear this in mind should the same user try to sell on here again.

For what its worth, I don’t think he set out to scam me (not worth the effort for the amount involved), maybe he sent the items and he’s assuming they got lost in the post, and he can’t be bothered to deal with it? The fact that he’s posted on the forum since my emails to him suggest its not e.g. an unforeseen trip to hospital (as happened to me once buying on here).

jn49
    Free Member

I purchased some parts from him and although he said he would post nothing received and no replies to any emails. Full refund from PayPal. Be aware.

Dickyboy

Don’t pay PayPal gift don’t ask for PayPal gift it really is that simple

everyone
    Free Member

On the flip side I bought some wheels from him last month. Got the wheels fine, well packaged and decent communication.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Don’t pay PayPal gift don’t ask for PayPal gift it really is that simple

Did you read the OP?

tomaso
    Free Member

I almost bought some XTR pedals from him, glad I didn’t now.

gteles
    Free Member

Hi,

Really sorry for this…
    I was out on holidays and returned yesterday. I shipped all the items using parcelforce.
    Tomorrow I will check if any item was returned, I didnt use a trackable service. If you want I’m happy to return the money! I will check with the others buyers if there were any problem.
    I know that the Frame owner received because he sent me a message saying thanks for the frame…

gteles
    Free Member

Ps: If it was a scam I would never gave my name….

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

parcelforce

I didnt use a trackable service

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

This is where I don’t get the classifieds rules looking at the thread activity….

The ‘spirit’ of our forum is one where users can turn their old, surplus or unwanted kit into extra cash to enable them to buy new bits to help them get out and continue riding.

Is the seller really a forum user ? I wouldn’t buy off someone who doesn’t use the forum.

gteles
    Free Member

bongohoohaa – The trackable price was almost the same price as I sold the items

bruneep

For brakes?

Collect + or My Hermes are about £5 tracked

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

bongohoohaa – The trackable price was almost the same price as I sold the items

My point was, and correct me if I wrong, I thought ParcelForce only offered tracked services?

leeroybrown
    Free Member

Smells to me, as far as I know every parcelforce item is trackable
    You must have a parcel number ?

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

If you want I’m happy to return the money!

Gosh, let me think…

Yes. Yes I expect they do want.

matt_outandabout

Part of the responsibility of being a seller is to get stuff posted and respond to emails.
    You don’t take money and go off on holiday for a month, you check out what postage is before you sell, and are ready to post it off ASAP.

If you do not take things responsibly, be prepared for people to tell everyone else to avoid buying from you, as you are not to be trusted.

thenorthwind

I missed all the replies to this, I thought it had slipped quietly off the first page and into oblivion.

However, I caught up on Thursday, and on seeing this

If you want I’m happy to return the money

have emailed Gui to politely say that I do want. I haven’t yet got a response.

As I said, and at least one person read 😉

I don’t want to get in a debate about… whether you should pay other people on here with Paypal gift

However, what I will say is that this is the first time I’ve had a problem like this here. If I added up the cost of all the fees I would have paid to send all the payments I’ve previously sent, it would be more than I’ve lost in this transaction. And that doesn’t include the non-financial value of being part of a community where people trust each other.

DezB
    Free Member

Paypal gift between regulars. obviously ok.

stenhousemuir
    Free Member

I agree , paypal gift is fine. Stop being paranoid

stenhousemuir
    Free Member

Double post

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Parcelforce is trackable 24 or 48.

Mikkel
    Free Member

My guess is its been “returned” and he can send it out again

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Classifieds user warning’ is closed to new replies.