Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Classifieds Etiquette
  • chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Hi,

Am new on here and, after posting here and there, thought I’d try and put my Ibis Mojo frame up on the classifieds.

I ideally want to part-ex it against a cheaper frame due to injury and not using it, but have noticed that if you don’t put a price on your item some members give you stick for not abiding by the rules. Do I put it up as a part-ex and risk the wrath of the STW Police, or bang a price on it and buy a frame seperately?

While I’m at it – don’t suppose anyone would like to give me a pointer in how much I should be asking for a 2008 Medium Ibis Mojo frame, excellent condition, in black/carbon with red annodizes links and titanium bolts -to save me some grief on the classifieds!!

Cheers 🙂

steve_b77
    Free Member

Half what it cost you (RRP at the time) the take about 5-10% per year from original date of purchase

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Cheers Steve – halving the cost and taking 5% off twice gives it at around £850? Saying that, they have shot up in price over the last year and a half! I suppose it’s only worth what people are prepared to pay!

Splash-man
    Free Member

Just put the price up of what you are after but add you will be happy to take something in part ex.
    I reckon it would be easier to sell it and then find a frame you want afterwards.

Just my opinion 🙂

Oh, I’ll give you £50 posted 😉

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Cheers Splash – think I will bang it up and buy once it’s gone. Will pass on the fifty quid though 😉

Splash-man
    Free Member

Oh and of course you need to be careful of situations where shops put items on a clearance price and suddenly you want more for your 2nd hand item then it can be purchased for new !
    Why not have a search through the Classifieds and see what other people have been asking for.

Splash-man
    Free Member

Here you go…

Looks like its around the right price.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Classifieds Etiquette’ is closed to new replies.