Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Classifieds – Asking for more than new price
  • cheers_drive

I wasn't going to say anything but someone has been trying to sell some wheels in the classifieds for weeks now with repeated posts; at first they were a 'bargain' £250 despite being available new with warranty from Priceshaggers Ebay shop for £200. Several people had pointed this out and now they have been dropped to a 'Priced to clear' £210 – clearly still not a bargain.
    I don't no why this bothers me but surely selling above the new price is against the spirit of the classifieds.
    Boredom inspired moan over.

druidh
    Free Member

caveat emptor

tazzymtb

that'll be the fsa 29er wheels then 😀
    If folks want to part with their hard earned cash without looking around at other deals that's their lookout really. I don't really get the classifieds morally outraged bit at all, if it's priced right it'll sell, if it isn't it won't. There's no point being twatty about it 😉

cheers_drive

Taz – I now what you mean but it's been weeks now and for some reason it makes me

twatty

😆
    I'm sure the seller would rather let people over bid for them on Ebay but can't as they will be up against the cheaper new ones.

tazzymtb

Cheers_drive

I know what you mean it makes me slightly want be grumpy about it as well as I try to spread the love in the classifieds and give free bits away etc..but i'm a chilled out bunny and just can't be arsed to get stressed about other peoples evil capitalist ways, the bloody cheeky rip-off merchants……

Oh look you've made me start now!

zaskar
    Free Member

Maybe the seller assumes someone will knock of £50 off the price?

If you don't like the price-don't buy it.

But yep, the classifieds can have some clowns asking more money but they may have made a mistake or just trying it on.

thats_not_my_name
    Free Member

But what if they guy had bought them for £350 :cry:, as they are advertised somewhere else?

tazzymtb

oooo that's nasty

akira

I have a fear that Pooch's links on both threads may be clicked simultaneously and the site will crash.

taxi25
    Free Member

The seller isn't going to get the asking price, but he/she is free to ask whatever they want. But as the ad has been placed free of charge on an open forum its reasonable for other forum users to make fair and accurate comments about the listing.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Classifieds – Asking for more than new price’ is closed to new replies.