• This topic has 53 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by igrf.
Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • "classic" motorbikes.
  • rogg
    Free Member

Posted this a few days back, but I think it’s rather nice so worth another look:

with bike rack:

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

I had a KH 750 triple in purple, I wonder how much one of those are worth now?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yeah my cousin (god rest his soul) had a KH250 triple, after that a KH500 and a CB900R.. He’d love this thread.

I had a BSA C15 trials that was given to me in bits in a bucket and a friend of my mothers helped me rebuild it, bloody thing was heavy and noisy as hell but it had charm, wish I’d kept it now.
    Also I’m an ex FS1E owner, long live DUJ 1L, it was the pre restricted version with pedals and a gold tank and It was soo sexy.

That Beemer ^ that is sexy.

Woody
    Free Member

I preferred the earlier A and B 250/350s

My LBS has a couple in at the moment. This One and also a gold one which he doesn’t appear to advertise. He likes his old 2 strokes and I think some of them are priced to NOT sell 😉 Amazes me how small they look nowadays!

Edukator
    Free Member

Seeing that photo of the FS1-E reminded me of a BIKE article with a pic of a journo in a superman pose to get the claimed top speed – the 50kg strips of wind that bought the things had no trouble. Mention of one of those banzai Kwaka two-stroke triples reminded me of a girl that died on one and the limp her boyfriend still has, another nice girl died on the back of a Yam 500, her boyfried still limps too. My parents’ neighbour has a Ribery scar (and a limp)to remind him that Honda 50 versus Jag head on is a loser.

Kiril
    Free Member

This is a gather round, have a beer and remember thread.

Puch 50 2 speed (slow and slower), MZ50, Z200, KH400 (ace) and I’ve still got my Guzzi lemon mk 1.

I’ve ridden loads of the bikes discussed here; stan Stephens tuned 350LC, CX500 (despatched on one) Katana, my fav would be either the exup bimota or the RG500.

And yep rode a Jota, sorry but I clearly lacked the presence(!) to make it handle gentle weave got interesting at 120!

I love two wheels 🙂

Woody
    Free Member

Seeing that photo of the FS1-E reminded me of a BIKE article with a pic of a journo in a superman pose to get the claimed top speed

My Dad was clocked by the Police allegedly doing 53mph on mine (long steep hill, flat on tank, feet on rear pegs) leaving work one night. When he took off the helmet the copper got such a shock at seeing it was a 46 year old he let him off 😆

plop_pants
    Free Member

Genuine question. How much for this one?
    An enjoyable project at the time but I just don’t use it.

stratobiker
    Free Member

kingkongsfinger – Member
    I had a KH 750 triple in purple, I wonder how much one of those are worth now?

A what? 😉

Kiril
    Free Member

It’s a proven fact that KH750’s are the main cause of the greenhouse effect (and any other form of air pollution)

stavromuller
    Free Member

The KH750 got banned from further importation, if IRC, which immediately put it’s value up back in the day

zippykona

There’s a shop opened up near me that just sells Heskeths. God knows what one of those costs.

JulianA
    Free Member

Wish I still had my old Honda 400/4 (ULD 491R where are you now?) and that I had finished my Benelli 654 project rather than selling it for a song! I think it eventually went to a guy who wanted to turn it into a low rider!

igrf
    Free Member

This is worth money.

Can’t say I’d pay money for anything Japanese and use the word classic in the same breath.

This on the other hand…

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘"classic" motorbikes.’ is closed to new replies.