Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • classic comic strips.
  • racefaceec90

am trying to relive my youth 😆 but am reminiscing about all the classic comics i used to read.whizzer & chips,the beano,,the eagle e.t.c.
    i loved this comic strip http://petergraycartoonsandcomics.blogspot.co.uk/2010/09/malcolm-judges-numskulls-beezer-31st.html as well as stuff like sid’s snake (clean that filthy mind of yours 😉 beryl the peryl,billy whizz e.t.c 😀

binners

camo16
    Free Member

Grew up with Lucky Luke comic books, if that counts:

I was about to write something like ‘kids of today, eh? They’ll never get to enjoy such (Franco-Belgian) genius.’ But apparently Lucky Luke’s on Playstation. 🙄

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

need I go on? hell, yeah

slackalice
    Free Member

Five Go Mad in Dorset…. “Oh Timmy you’re so licky”

Fistful of Travellers Cheques…. “Christ Shona, don’t these deserts make you wanna p*ss alot?”

Oh…. not those Comic Strips.

DickBarton

My wife claimed, through years of laughter, that my strip on our wedding night was classic…does that count as a classic comic strip?

sparkyrhino

ZARJAZ bigbutslimmer

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Totally with the OP – I loved the Numbskulls.

And I was also a Dennis the Menace Fan Club Member.

D.I.N.G.

Nick

haven’t bought viz for ages, but this still brings a tear to my eye

totalshell

Rogue Trooper!

Bregante

No idea why as I have no Scottish connections whatsoever but I had tons of these.

racefaceec90

aha,i used to love the broons and oor wullie.i had a few annuals of each given to me by my aunt (my grandfather was born in edinburgh).good times 😀 great choices by the way people 😀

donsimon
    Free Member

haven’t bought viz for ages, but this still brings a tear to my eye

Classic and used for a few years to provide us with drunken hilarity.
    I was never allowed comics as a little ‘un, might explain a lot. 🙁

speaker2animals

I was a lover of The Numbskulls too and was young enough to think it was a comic strip documentary.

Can’t remember the comic but there was a strip in a comic probably very late 60s or early 70’s with a WWI German Flying ace who had giant bats in the back of his Tri-plane – any ideas what it was called? Probably Something Baron or Baron Something as a play on Red Baron?

yunki
    Free Member

I loved the Numskulls too.. I found a love for Vaughn Bode’s stuff from the 1960s and 70s when I got a bit older..

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

yunki
    Free Member

I forgot about the freak brothers comics – my mum was not impressed when they started landing on the doormat..

Someone sent me a fat freddy says peed skills postcard when I quit methamphetamine.. I still have it somewhere..

neilthewheel

I once enjoyed a long chat with Leo Baxendale, who created the Bash Street Kids, Minnie the Minx and Little Plum among many others. He was a very nice, modest chap (and still is I hope).

TooTall
    Free Member

Cougar

Showing my age but,

The Freak Bros comic is where the Jet Set Willy “We Must Perform A Quirkafleeg” room came from.

http://www.russandem.co.uk/quirk/

scaredypants

slackalice – Member
    Oh…. not those Comic Strips

Well, indeed
    “Don’t Shoot. It’s me, Billy Balfour … the man wi’ no name !”

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

And of course

bigbloke
    Free Member

Beaten to it by TJ absolute classic Commando

Slaine being another of my faves, they really should do that as a film.

Northwind

I’ve got a stack of Commandos about as tall as I am. But this was good as a kid and great as an adult

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘classic comic strips.’ is closed to new replies.