Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • clarks's pads… yaqy or nay…
  • alpin
    Free Member

much cop?

any horror stories?

cheers.

burnie
    Free Member

I’ve never used their disc brake pads and after having a set of their pads on the road bike I never will! They were terrible!

mokl
    Free Member

Contrary to the above, I found their sintered pads to be very decent. I have also found their triple compound road pads to be significantly better than the stock shimano ones. Make of this what you will!

alfabus
    Free Member

clarks sintered pads are pretty good… had to buy some pads in a hurry before an alps trip, and they were all i could find. worked perfectly 🙂

Dave

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Sintered XT compatible on my Camber – work great and last well.

legend
    Free Member

used them quite a few times, currently using them too due to the nice 2 for £10 plus free gear cables deal from CRC! Work fine for me

mrmo
    Free Member

got some organic? i think pads on my Trek, they seem to work ok, can’t say much about life as they have only been on the bike for a few weeks now.

Del

good stoppers, last well. pretty much all i’ve used the past couple of years.
    tried discos ( quickly demolished, but stopped well ) and moved away from hayes OEMs due to cost.

loum
    Free Member

Sintered clarks ok here on avids.
    But they might be a bit thicker than avid pads. They were a bit tight when I changed them, and rubbed a touch, but have settled down to be fine cheap pads. I have since read about the thickness issue, and looking back, it makes sense.

iain1775
    Free Member

Ran them on my hopes (mono mini’s and V2’s) for a while, no problems find them as good as the hope originals, and last as long. they also come with the spring things which some cheap pads don’t, although the springs on the minis can be awkward to fit
    Just bought another 4 sets for same price as one set of hope pads
    Used superstar, disco and some others previously the Clarkes are far better

doug_basqueMTB.com

yay.

zippykona

Mine were fine squeal in wet though.

Klunk
    Free Member

sintered in oros and they have been fine.

Sum
    Free Member

I’ve been using Clarks sintered pads and would use them again. They were noticeably thicker than the stock pads, as noted above.

alpin
    Free Member

ordered…. 2x sintered plus 2 cables for under a tenner!

legend – Member

used them quite a few times, currently using them too due to the nice 2 for £10 plus free gear cables deal from CRC!

that’s what swung it for me….. although i also got some Shimano pads just in case. thinking i should have got Clarks code pads, too…

snowpaul
    Free Member

yay

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘clarks's pads… yaqy or nay…’ is closed to new replies.