• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by MTT.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • clarkson
  • how-soon-is-now
    Free Member

And so it goes with Alfa Romeo. My loyalty to the brand began when I had an old GTV6. It let the air out of its tyres most nights. It would weld its twin-plate clutch to the flywheel if you didn’t drive it for a day or two. And once, it dumped its gear linkage onto the propshaft when I was doing about 60mph. The noise that resulted was extraordinary: a bit like Brian Blessed being raped.

certainly has his own way with words.

something on there for you watch geeks too.

MORE

Spongebob
    Free Member

That car’s a minger! So untypical of Alfa Romeo.

Wouldn’t it be nice if they could make reliable cars!

Spongebob
    Free Member

That car’s a minger! So untypical of Alfa Romeo.

Wouldn’t it be nice if they could make reliable cars!

zaskar
    Free Member

I love how people love the guy… 😈

MTT
    Free Member

I hate to say it but he is spot on with regard to watches, the same thing was posted on a few watch forum’s and they are still bleating on about it.

the only thing in the world worse than a fake Rolex is a real one.

amen to that! 😆

Jimbo
    Free Member

No one else better describes what it’s like/how it feels to own an Alfa. I have an utterly shagged out 146. Thirsty, falling to bits, sits far too low, a turning circle on a par with an oil tanker, an odd driving position and a rolly-polly yet crashy ride. It’s broken down on me twice and it’s got to the point wherein I can’t really turn the stereo up any louder to drown out the rattles.

And yet I adore it. I adore its black/copper metallic paint and its tan seats. I adore the noise, the feedback and, as Clarkson says, answering when people ask “So what do you drive?” Particularly the fathers of potential/new G/Fs. And despite the pleasure/pain thing (which is true), and despite thoughts of “A van/diesel estate will be great for MTB’ing”, I never get beyond “Alfa” on Autotrader…

As for the Mito itseld, it looks 1000000000000x better in the metal and goes like the clappers.

MTT
    Free Member

good post Jimbo

makes a nice change on the Chat Forum

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘clarkson’ is closed to new replies.