Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Clare Balding
  • tiger_roach
    Free Member

Hmmm…you might have been able to make some good money out of this if you'd have involved The Sun….

sweepy
    Free Member

well ive watched two episodes now, if you take the bike away theres nothing to interest me so thats my lot

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I used to find her annoying when she was doing horse racing a few years ago, a role which she got because of 'family connections', I understand, but she's matured as a presenter really well and I think she's actually pretty good at her job. As for being pretty, well, so she's not blessed with a 'TV face' but so what? Loads of male presenters are ugly bastards, and I'd rather have someone who's good at the job than some airhead that we seem to get on so many other shows. I thought their bike programme was very good actually. I enjoyed it.

Her sexuality is utterly irrelevant. To even mention it displays ignorance and bigotry.

cinnamon_girl

I think Clare is a very good presenter. Certainly on horse-racing matters she is most knowledgeable – her father is a trainer and owns stables in Kingsclere (beautiful Watership Down area).

Last night's programme I found to be better than the previous week's. The bike is really just a vehicle to appreciate the stunning scenery of this land.

I would much prefer to see her presenting than that ghastly Gabby Logan who is smugness personified. 👿

Edit: 'Looks' should not come into the equation.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

They all seem brilliant in comparison to the Irish geezer who was on the BBC world darts this year

locomotive

Personally I cant stand Fiona Bruce. She appears to only be able to speak as if addressing 7 year old children.

Blackhound

I find she presents quite well – and struggles up hill as much as I do. Only women preesenters I can think of who actual cycle are Kate Silverton and Mariella Fostrup.

A positive about Claire is that she might encourage other people, particularly women, to cycle. Nick Crane seemed the obvious person for a series like this so good to see a woman. Looks and sexuality are an irrelevance as others have started to point out.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Balders is ace, as is her family. Top people, in my experience and opinion.

cinnamon_girl

She appears to only be able to speak as if addressing 7 year old children

Yep, another bossy middle-class/public school woman. NuLab's full of 'em too.

clareymorris

I like the fact she can actually present. I also admit I would like to take her to a hairdressers BUT I really like her natural style on the telly.

Go Balders 😀

ditch_jockey

Champion Lady Rider in 1990

I knew she was a lesbian, but hadn't realized she was that good!

convert

Looks – not fussed either way but the pearls over the top of a turtle neck jumper that she favoured when she first started was never going to endear horsey types to the masses.

For some reason I just imagine her as a very prim head girl at school, reporting all misdemeanours and giving the younger girls a damned good talking to, whilst being far too over enthusiastic in some amateur dramatic Gilbert & Sullivan shudderfest. Just a bit straight laced for me!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Just a bit straight laced for me!

Wrong. 🙂

She's a top lass!

cinnamon_girl

She's very much an old school BBC presenter – totally professional and knowledgeable. And I think that's a good thing.

Aren't there enough gushing bimbos on telly? Clare is quite refreshing.

convert

Wrong.

She's a top lass!

Not met her like you have clearly done so I guess I can only go from her TV persona.
    Just did the google thing and I got most of it bang on though – head girl at her girl's school (couldn't kick the habit – Cambridge Union president at university) and partial to a bit of Am Dram in her youth! She might not have been a snitch though 😉

colwyn58
    Free Member

Total minger!
    Thanks.

forge197
    Free Member

I was at the Epsom Derby this year and we were down by the finishing line, Clare was doing some soundbites but they stopped for the race.

Anyhow I was getting annoyed as my horse started strong and in the lead looked like it would burn itself before the final sprint so said to my brother think the horse has blown it.

Clare buts in and says which horse have you got so I said, she then proceeded to give us a personal running commentary explaining if the horse did this at this point what it would mean for the race and why, she was convinced early on that it would win…..which it did she was absolutley spot on from a long way back, she is both professional and extremely knowledgeable, far better than when we once met John McCririck, she's very down to earth, actually topped the day of nicely that and the win of course 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

John McCrirrick is a nasty festering old dinosaur.

Just watched the bicycle touring programme. Actually really quite good. Like Wainwright's Walks but on a bike. Lovely old Dawes tourer, teeny bit big for her mind. Clare presents the show very well, and isn't up her own arse like some celebs who've done this type of thing. Gryff Rhys Jones etc.

colwyn58 – Member
    Total minger!
    Thanks.

She speaks very highly of you, too.

forge197
    Free Member

John McCrirrick was pretty rude, he used to give it the "come racing" line on the TV alot which is good for the sport but, we saw him a few years back and asked him about a race and I think he basically told us to foxtrot oscar so we said "come racing eh John good advert" he just scuttled off. 🙄 but we had the last word 🙂

Woody
    Free Member

I'll defend her too, although I only caught the last 15 minutes of the cycling programme it seemed interesting and she presented professionally and with enthusiasm IMO.

She is good at her job and unlike many of her 'colleagues', who are nothing more than a pretty face who can read an autocue, has competed at her chosen sport to a high level.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Clare Balding’ is closed to new replies.