Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Civilization V – oops there goes my life again
  • pedalhead
    Free Member

Been playing the Civ games since the beginning, best strategy game series ever imho. I’m liking the non-stacking units and hex tiles in this version, makes combat way more strategic. Streamlined city management is nice for beginners, although I’d like the option to have the level of control offered in previous versions. Steam Cloud for saved games is ace! Anyone else enjoying it?

DT78
    Free Member

Yep. 35 hours played so far. Great treatment for a broken collar bone!

Think it’s great but it isn’t finished…..diplomacy is rubbish, so much worse than civ4. Shame religion and espionage have disappeared, I was hoping for a new ‘sucide bomber’ unit 🙂

Bloody difficult to get a social win, only done it on settler

pedalhead
    Free Member

yeah although the new social policies are quite handy. Trying for a cultural win at the moment. Tip…get friendly with maritime city states means you get food from them each turn, so you can concentrate more on production in the early stages (which can be slow).

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

I never got past Civ3 conquests. I have Civ4 but not bothered with all the extra stuff & not got in to it… so do I try again on Civ4 or go straight to V

mrsgrips
    Free Member

Tell me everything…I shall live vicariously through you all until I finally cave and get it (and then someone find someone to watch my child while I play)

Northwind

Is it a good launch? Not too buggy? Civ 4 was pretty wobbly on day one so I’ve been putting off…

pedalhead
    Free Member

Not too buggy actually, although the AI isn’t the most clever in the world. Non-aggressive wins definitely seem quite tricky compared to the pointy stick approach.

DT78
    Free Member

Had a few crashes – not sure if that was down to my laptop not coping. Sticking with standard maps now.

Combat is so much better, you need to use tactics, it does seem a bit like unit X always beats Y and Y always beats Z etc… so it is a matter of lining them up in the right way.

I’ve just found Bismark is ridiculously overpowered. 25% chance of turning barbarians meant I had a 6 unit army by the time the other civs had made a settler….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Civilization V – oops there goes my life again’ is closed to new replies.