Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Civic si – thoughts..
  • maxray
    Free Member

Hi, anyone got a Civic Si ? Interested to hear any experience of them.

I had walked past it without giving it consideration but when the salesman collared me and showed me the rear seat room/configurations I was actually quite impressed.

I like the concept of the rear seats lifting so you could put a bike in the back without using any of the boot especially.

The feature list was quite good etc, was thinking of the 1.8 petrol maybe

warton
    Free Member

I've got a 2.2 CDTi ES great car IMO.

Quite fast if I need it to be and can get 55+mpg on motorways.
    feels very well made and tough, doors have that nice clunk sound. good hi-fi, lots of space (back can be a small for tall people, headroom wise though)

I really like it, although I haven't really had anything to compare it too in that class, so there may be better out there. Had it 7 months now from 22k and nothing has even threatened to go wrong with it, I get the impression that will be the case for a very long time

bruneep

What warton said.

maxray
    Free Member

going to test drive one on sat. Had been looking at used but they had a deal on new with 3 years tax/servicing which could sway me.

The boot looks mahoosive too.

I popped into a vw dealer on the way home as have always had polos/golfs previously and the interior of the Golf Plus seemed drab abd cramped in comparison.

Admiralable
    Free Member

doors have that nice clunk sound

Sounds like a golf then?

simon_g

Have a 2.2 EX. It's a tardis with those rear seats – whether it's 4 people to a festival (stuff bags under the rear seats) or 3 people and all their scuba stuff (6x15l tanks, boxes, drysuits, etc) it seems to manage better than most estates up to A4/3-series size.

Haven't managed to fit a bike in across rear seats though with the front wheel off like the brochure – just ends up a bit too long (PA with 140mm pikes). Given the seats are one lever to pull to get a perfectly flat floor, I just do that, throw down a tarp and chuck it in.

What I do like is that the boot is wide enough to take a MTB or road bike, wheels-off and seat down, while keeping the seats up so it's all out of sight. Excellent if you need to park somewhere dodgy and can't take the bike in.

Si wasn't available when I got mine but is probably the best spec for the money now – seats are very nice, you get the better grille, USB port, etc. Just fit your own bluetooth phone (Honda's is rubbish anyway) and it's all you'd want really.

tron
    Free Member

Which Civic are we talking? The older model or the rocket door handle model?

simon_g

Oh btw – 32k on mine. No problems at all. Average about 45mpg, but I live in London so it can sit in traffic for a chunk of the time.

Drac

Looked at one a few weeks back at a open day various car supplies were there. Very nice looking car and reasonably well laid out but was like a Fisher Price inside awful cheap looking and feeling finish.

Doors have a clunk sound? Maybe compared to this.

Not my cup of tea, look nice but not for me.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Civic si – thoughts..’ is closed to new replies.