Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Citroen Grand C4 Picasso
  • Rickos
    Free Member

Any views from owners? They look good and have bundles of space, but I keep hearing (about 3 times) about electrical problems, but is this just one of those self-fulfilling prophecies that people just bandy about cos someone said so? No electrical problems mentioned on http://www.honestjohn.co.uk under his ‘bad’ tab.

stevio

not bad car for families – VTR+ 1.6hdi May 2008 new, bought July 09. Carries 5 with luggage – or 4 of us + 2 bikes on the roof + 2 on the back from the Isle of Man to the New Forest with no worries.

Electrics dodgy, but that is apparently down to a batch of dodgy circuit boards . Ours went wrong last May and was fixed after repeated trips and various reboots(only 5 mins to local garage and service managers daughter married to my cousin so good service). Comfortable on the motorway, rolls badly on swerve North Wales roads. Easy to drive, no spare wheel, 2 pop up “occasional” rear seats. Wasn’t sure why we would ever need a 7 seater when we bought it (only 3 of us).My mum got ill and died a week later and it was a god send carrying folk around.

Any help??

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Had a “non C4” Picasso for 9 years from new and it never missed a beat. The few problems we had were electrical admittedly, but nothing major.

My boss has a Grand C4 as a company car and has had no probs at all. I’ve been in it a lot as a passenger and like it a lot.

NZCol

I feared when you said your mum died that you had used it as the hearse!.
    Sorry-was amused, no offence meant 🙂

Wookster

We looked at one, but got a Galaxy instead which has been faultless and is just massive! My mate has one now and there is more space in the galaxy, but he is pleased with it.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Watch out for the EGS model with the Electronic gearbox. They eat clutches (20,000 miles-ish)

pistola
    Free Member

Had one now for 2 years and it has been great. Got it after getting rid of a Galaxy (new shape) which was a **** donkey! Everything went wrong with that and it was in the garage more than it wasn’t for the 9 months we had it. Ford’s customer service was frankly shocking.

Was bit wary of buying a Citreon with French electrics but that has been proved unfounded. We have a 2.0 HDi Exclusive and it is loaded with kit. It has the EGS gearbox which has been fine (the car is now 3 years old and 25,000 miles). the clutch was getting a wee bit juddery last year but at the service they did a software upgrade and that sorted it. That’s the only issue we’ve had with the car. I think Citreon have upped their game in recent years.

Loads of room in it and very comfortable on long drives. yes it rolls about a bit if you get a bit frisky on winding roads but that’s not what MPVs are about. The Exclusive has self levelling rear suspension which is great when you’re fully loaded with kids/gear/bikes etc. Economy is good with mid 40s mpg in urban driving and 50+ on rural roads. The EGS gearbox is a bit strange at first but you just adapt your driving style to suit and it’s fine.

I can’t really fault it. As a family wagon it’s great.

Hope that helps!

Rickos
    Free Member

Thanks people. It’s as the family car which will allow me to choose something less family orientated for work. It’s a manual one of these or a Zafira.

*strokes chin*

pistola
    Free Member

Rickos,

From memory the Zafira’s back seats are not nearly as flexible – I think the middle seat base on the zafira is a bench? Wheres the C4GP has 5 individual seats..?

transmute
    Free Member

Last time I was in for an MOT the garage were just about to phone a guy who had one to tell him his electronic dash was phutt. £600+ for the part before fitting! 😯 And apparently it wasn’t an uncommon occurrence, they’d had a few through eating their dashes. As said above, I guess they had a batch of dodgy boards go through. 🙁

Rickos
    Free Member

pistola – you’re right. The bench needs lifting to get into the back row, but seeing as that back row will be for me or the wife when grandparents come to stay I figured we could jump in from the boot and only have one of the very back seats lifted up and then dog on the other flat half of the boot.

speshspenner
    Free Member

Iv’e got one, a 2.0litre diesel with egs, Exclusive model with all the toys…always had Citroens and traded the last one in, a C4 vtr+ for this one.
    Very happy with it, great to drive, good on fuel for such a big car, loads of space means you can seat the kids so they ca’nt touch each outher! if you’ve got kids you’ll know what i mean. Dealers can be very hit and miss, i traveled to Blackpool for this one after being let down time and time again by my local dealer (Citroen Kendal)avoid at all costs imo. Outher wise do’nt be put off. ESG box is great, if not a little hesitant some times….i found it make me drive a bit slower as it ca’nt be rushed along like a manual car. If you want a manual it will have to be a 1.6 diesel as they do’nt do a manual in the 2.0l diesel model, not sure about the petrols.
    I looked at the new Galaxy’s but they were so much more expensive than the Citroen that it could’nt be justified, they were 2-3k more for the same age of car. Anyway…good luck with the search.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Citroen Grand C4 Picasso’ is closed to new replies.