Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cirencester Mountain Biking Trails??
  • timo1
    Free Member

Just relocated to Ciren from SA and was really hoping to get into some singletrack locally not like on yer bike to the FoD!

Any locals with some inside knowledge of what can be ridden IN ciren?
    or Group rides?

Id really appreciate – Yip i will ask the bike stores
    ta

Bushwacked
    Free Member

There is some trails in the area I’m sure. Drop into noahs ark in Stroud or 247 in Cirencester and see if you can get some routes. Im based in cheltenham and can recommend cranham and lecky but they are a way from cirencester

IHN

I’m in Ciren.

If you head North through the park and out towards Daglingworth you can link in to some decent tracks all the way out towards Bisley. Not a huge amount of actual single track, or hardcore gnarl, but decent riding nonetheless.

Pretty much bugger all South of town, although a rip around the lakes near South Cerney is a decent way to spend an hour or so.

My advice would be to buy a map and see what you can string together. We’ve got some folks down at the weekend and will probably be getting out for a ride at some point if you want to tag along.

pushbikerider
    Free Member

Welcome aboard 🙂
    Sadly not much local riding that’s very interesting although if you fancy stretching your legs from the front door then there are a few bridleways you can link together (I’ll see if I can find a GPS of a typical route).
    For something a bit more interesting head up the road towards Gloucester – hook up with us at http://www.bigfootmbc.co.uk/ for more info 😉

pushbikerider
    Free Member

Here you go – it’s a perfect quick blast on a night like tonight, all 100% legal too:
    http://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/2284998

Bushwacked
    Free Member

There is this too which is sort of local.

madorc ride

monkeyboyjc

Lots in the Stroud area if if you want to hook up at some point (I’m about 20 min car journey north of Cirencester). Noahs / Stroud MBC were doing a ride every Sunday but it’s been a bit quiet this year but the Facebook page is worth a join.

timo1
    Free Member

very grateful for all the help and comments 😉
    BW -sadly couldnt get the garmin page to load but Madorc looks like fun and will def put that down in the diary!
    IHN if it comes off, id be happy to tag along
    thanks Mboy ill try and stay local for a bit

now im sure you all know about this
    Mountain biking paradise to open near Cheltenham ‘will be UK’s biggest’
    By Gloucestershire Echo | Posted: May 23, 2014

Read more: http://www.gloucestershireecho.co.uk/Mountain-biking-paradise-open-near-Cheltenham-UK/story-21132296-detail/story.html#ixzz38nfDeDgY

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

There are alot of issues with that place at present we will see!!!.Hopefully the downhill tracks will get of the ground.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Dobie – what issues?

oldmeany
    Free Member

Hi Timo, yes the MADORC route will give you a chance to find lots of trails linking you to the Cranham area, Slam69 run rides in the area every wednesday night if your interested, here;s some info on the MADORC MADORC 2014
    and a link to the guys at Slam69 Contact Slam69. Hope this helps.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cirencester Mountain Biking Trails??’ is closed to new replies.