Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 141 total)
  • Cinelli Mash Parallax Frameset £0.01
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

Halfords have the Cinelli Mash Parallax Frameset for 1p at the moment, yes that’s 1p.

I’m sure it’s a mistake and whilst I don’t need a fixed fraemset I just couldn’t resist.

mj27
    Free Member

Probably a mistake, just don’t need a track frame though!

vintagewino
    Free Member

lol – bought one too. even got a text confirmation just now.

cokie

I’ve ordered one to see what happens 😆

oldejeans
    Free Member

do let me know if you end up selling!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Cheers, I’ve bought three to sell on the classifieds. Not a bad little earner for two minutes work!

stevied
    Free Member

Oh, why not…let’s see what happens

Gary_M
    Free Member

Cheers, I’ve bought three to sell on the classifieds. Not a bad little earner for two minutes work!

Idiot, you should have ordered six.

scotroutes

Eligible for British Cycling discount?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Eligible for British Cycling discount?

Only if you buy enough of them 🙂

enduroforever
    Free Member

I’ve just bought 18

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

😀

Thanks for the heads up though. In the past, I’ve always dismissed these pricing error deals. But today I’m feeling rather greedy and immoral, so instead of buying a large doner kebab for my lunch, I ordered a cheap frame from Halfords instead. It won’t be as satiating, but I’ve been thinking about an SS road bike for a while.

coppice
    Free Member

£3 delivery seems reasonable for 2 frames

eddie11
    Free Member

bah! £4.99 delivery i’m out

tpbiker
    Free Member

Well given some folk have bought 18 frames even if they do honour it theres not going to be enough to go round 🙁

Just bought 1 to collect. Will look a bit cheeky when I turn up instore with a shiney one pence coin…

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’ll be collecting from my local store, so ridiculous delivery charges for me 🙂

I expect a ‘we’re sorry’ email shortly.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Ordered 1, paid for next day delivery in a feeble attempt to gazump everyone else…

Now, what is it?

enduroforever
    Free Member

Scratch that I now have 30 frames

tpbiker
    Free Member

Now, what is it?

i was wondering that. Does it have a brake?

woody74

See it’s people buying 30 frames that will cause a flag on their system or just when they go to ship them the packing staff will question the order. When does anyone order 30 frame from Halfords.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I’ll be collecting from my local store, so ridiculous delivery charges for me

I considered that. But I never carry change on me.

wwaswas

If I’d spotted this I’d have ordered one and then maybe blabbed on here once they’d delivered it and before they twigged there was a problem 🙂

househusband
    Free Member

Have ordered one for wall-art… am fully expecting the order to be cancelled!

Gary_M
    Free Member

If I’d spotted this I’d have ordered one and then maybe blabbed on here once they’d delivered it and before they twigged there was a problem

I’m not that bothered whether I get it or not though, I fully expect the mistake to be flagged up irrespective of the number bought.

coppice
    Free Member

Now to break the (N+5) rule to the missus!

vintagewino
    Free Member

Now, what is it?
    i was wondering that. Does it have a brake?

I cancelled my order after I realised it wouldn’t take mudguards and a rack.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I cancelled my order after I realised it wouldn’t take mudguards and a rack.

😀

tpbiker
    Free Member

I’m not that bothered whether I get it or not though, I fully expect the mistake to be flagged up irrespective of the number bought.

Ah but you could have sold it for a hefty profit. Given the imminent ebay market saturation I suspect they’ll be worth no more that a quid by the time you realise you don’t have any room to store it..

Wall art is a good idea…

Gotama
    Free Member

Also ordered one. Suspect i will be getting a refund to my paypal in the near future. If a 30 frame order doesn’t flag up on their system then there is something very wrong…..

Gary_M
    Free Member

I wouldn’t imagine that have that big a stock of that frame though, could be wrong as I don’t know how halfords works regarding holding stock.

tpbiker
    Free Member

just seen its a 700 quid framest! I’d have been a bit more confident if it was an end of line, clear out the warehouse 50 quid job.

lunge

Well, for £3 inc delivery I’ll try that.

Gotama
    Free Member

Will be amusing if it automatically triggers a through order to Cinelli who get all excited by the massive demand…..

The problem will be IF it does get sent out, given it’s such a stunning frameset, the temptation will be there to spend a fortune building it up even though i have almost no need for a track bike!

johnnystorm

What Gotama says….my 1p expenditure will spiral out of control as I try and source myself a pair of carbon wheels to go with it….

I like the idea of the wall art. I think my office is going to be refurb’d soon….

bigbeard
    Free Member

Worth noting that it doesn’t appear to have any brake mounts – it’s a track bike, not really a singlespeed for road use.

Not that it’s stopped me ordering one! (need a grasstrack bike is my excuse)

Gary_M
    Free Member

it’s a track bike, not really a singlespeed for road use.

Yeh I know but could always change the forks and fit a front brake.

P-Jay
    Free Member

bigbeard – Member

Worth noting that it doesn’t appear to have any brake mounts – it’s a track bike, not really a singlespeed for road use.

Not that it’s stopped me ordering one! (need a grasstrack bike is my excuse)

I’m planning to build up at the hippest of hipster fixies and ride around the fashionable parts of town wearing lycra with my gut hanging out the front and arse out the back – I might start a new fashion.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Odds of it actually arriving are what? slim to none, especially if people are ordering 30 of them? What are you planning on doing with them, starting a track team?

On one track hubs, open sport rims, probably get some finishing kit from on-one too just to get a matching set as I’d need new track bars anyway.

It’s that or drum brake and dynamo front hub and coaster brake rear for the most utilitarian race bike commuter mash up ever!

bigdaddy

I’ve just ordered one too, click and collect so no collection fee. We’ll see what happens…

bigdaddy

The classifieds might get busy in a few days. Or not…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 141 total)

The topic ‘Cinelli Mash Parallax Frameset £0.01’ is closed to new replies.