Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cigars.
  • southernsteel
    Free Member

For some reason, at every big family get together (christmas, big birthdays etc), at the end of the evening we always have a cigar and some port and every year we get some random cigar from a tabacconist. I was just wondering if anyone could recommend one that is nice and readily available in a tabacconist. Not too expensive but nice to smoke. Thanks in advance.

CaptJon
    Free Member

It takes a while to appreciate cigars. Something like this would be good as an introduction: Cgars ltd

That’s the place I get mine from as I’ve nit found a good tobacconists.

montylikesbeer

Cohiba Clubs

Above is worth a rumble, a nice smoke and a great name with rucks of history

bigG
    Free Member

go here –

regal cigars

after many years of trying I’ve decided I like Punchh cigars best, petit coronation for a wee quick smoke, full size coronations for every day and the double corona on a nice evening in the garden.

ps if you buy them in tubes they keep for ages without worrying about keeping in a humidor. Ideal for taking on holiday.

ps, regal cigars do mixed trial packages if you’re trying to work out what you like.

G

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I have quit smoking with the exception of a cigar at Christmas and one on my birthday which is nicely spaced in the year. I favour Romeo y Julieta, quite a common cigar, i’ve tried many but like these best. The guy in the Market here sells a really nice Nicaraguan cigar set, he’s clued up too and sells cigars at below the highstreet price. Maybe check out your Market?

King-ocelot
    Free Member

http://www.simplycigars.co.uk/villiger-premium-p-2195.html

used to enjoy one of these too, quite a long lasting aftertaste.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

If you’re not used to big meaty smokes, I would avoid the macho posturing of a Cohiba! (Lovely though they are!)

My tips would be something like an Upmann Coronas Major or RyJ Churchill. Both are available in tubes, which can keep them fresh (Unless, of course, you have a humidor)

findo_gask
    Free Member

Romeo y Julieta are nice and quite widely available – but wouldn’t necessarily recommend a ‘Churchill’ as above – that’s about the biggest cigar they make… probably take you nearly an hour to smoke! Coronas/petit coronas are a more manageable size I reckon.
    Think the last cigar I tried was a Quintero. Nice.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cigars.’ is closed to new replies.