Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Churchill insurance claim – does anyone happen to know if they pay out in….
  • RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

.. cash/cheque or Wheelies.co.uk vouchers (as per most insurance providers)??

I'm just wondering whether (assuming my claim is approved) I'll have to get something from wheelies..

ta

geoffj

I'm pretty sure that you don't have to go with their supplier. They should write you a cheque if you ask.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

If they have a preferred supplier and you ask for cash then they might want to discount what they will give you as they get a discount from wheelies. However if wheelies can't give you a suitable alternative bike then you should get a cash settlement for the total amount.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

righty,

tbh I'm in two minds about claiminf really –

it was a £550 commuter bike that was nicked but there's £100 excess and I'd obviously lose my no claims bonus

(although that's only about a year's worth I think)

cynic-al
    Free Member

Claim….why else do you have insurance?

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

I guess I should really..

ScottChegg
    Free Member

A second hand £550 bike could be had for around £300. Take off your excess and no claims etc, and there can't be much in it.

And expect next years premium to be much higher at renewal, even accounting for the NCD. This will be the same when you ask for quotes from other insurers with a claim on your record.

That's why not.

You decide.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

hMMmmmMMMmmmmmm

I don't know, I just don't know :-S

uplink
    Free Member

Try doing a quote with them online with a claim & see what the ball park figure is going to be like for next year

br
    Free Member

Claim and then don't bother insuring again.

But will it also affect your house insurance, under the 'have you ever claimed' question?

starseven
    Free Member

Churchill use Halfords to assess the value of your bike and provide a replacement, you can ask for a cash alternative.

The excess should be less if you had the bike listed seperatly. As stated above you will not only have your claim reduced by the excess you will loose and no claims discount and have a claim on your history, one wont make too much differnce though and I would probably make the claim.

Dont hold your breath waiting though.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Hmm, I wonder how that's going to work then?

I built up the commuter bike from a load of parts, estimated value £550-600…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Churchill insurance claim – does anyone happen to know if they pay out in….’ is closed to new replies.