Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Chumba XCL
  • Anthonyl84
    Free Member

Afternoon all,

In the market for a full sus, for big mountain type riding i.e. Spain, Alps, Morocco, Norway, Peru. In the UK I hardtail it 90% of the time. Needs to be all day ride-able but with significant down hill potential which seems to be a tricky one. Currently in shortlist are bikes like SC Nomad, Cotic Hemlock, Lapierre Spicy, that sort of bike.

I’ve come across the Chumba XCL, a 5 inch bike but sounds fairly hardcore, and could put a 150/160mm fork up front. Anyone any experience of this bike?

Thanks!

Anthony

Coasting
    Free Member

Gr8 bike and in its element when the trail gets technical or steep.Ive built mine around 28 pd with Talas 140’s and mainly xc stuff.Im sure the frame can handle a lot of abuse and they seem pretty low maintenance.Not sure if u will need a 150/160 fork as the bike seems pretty capable with 140 on the front.Ive had a Nomad and think this bikes actually better.

si_brodiebikes
    Free Member

Anthony, have a look over at the Chumba Forum on MTBR, lots of stuff on there.

hora
    Free Member

Anthony I’ve just bought a medium XCL and I’m putting 140mm Pikes on. Its rare at the moment but I doubt it’ll stay rare for long- its stunning. Any questions or if you are local to me your welcome to have a look at the frame.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Chumba XCL’ is closed to new replies.